World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from another fantastic flattie sesh at Scotstown Beach. This time I fished further south at Kirkton, right beside the rocks. I described my outing on Thursday as busy, this wasn`t busy, this was positively manic. Double shots of both turbot & flounder. I was barely getting a chance to walk back to my tripod and the tip was going nuts.
I fished from 13.00 - 17.00 and I`d like to tell you how many fish I landed but im afraid I lost count. About 15 mins before I packed up the zziplex bent right over and I struck into something decent, happened to be my best turbot of the day so I kept it for the pot, everything else was returned. Had I not had friends coming over tonight I would have fished on but I was pushed for time so had to dash home to get cleaned up & supper on. They`re all having spag bol but im having turbot & chips MMMmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
good session there,i passed you on the road (green scenic) i kept getting loads of weed so head else where

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wooky
just stuck it on the scales before I filleted it 713 grams. I can`t get these bloody things off of meteric onto imperial but I think that`s about 1.5 lb mate.

Scotty
Just strips of mackie on a double flapper rig with one floating bead & a dozen or so multi lumi beads behind it on each snood. It`s all I ever use at Scotstown.

Vespaman
I was plagued by weed on my first two casts where the meet & greet day was that`s why I headed down to where the rocks are. It`s a lot cleaner there. My taxi man drops me at the T just before the graveyard, I can never decide whether to head left or right :) The weed chose for me today. Shame you hadn`t came down.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Lovely looking turbot mate :notworthy will have to head to Scotstown sooner rather than later

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
awesome fishing m8 - wish mine had been half as good today - the highlight was a new shetland shore record scorpion fish :victory:and 2 tiny dabs.

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Bonny fish you have there. Will have to drop by Scotstown Beach someday and have a bash at a Turbot myself. Well done!
Just give me a shout Phil and I will show you where to go. All you need is rod, bait, wellies and something to sit on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts