World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and robster took it upon ourselves to have a little go at the bay for a good chance for a few pollock on wednesday night, good tides, good bait. not to cold....what could go wrong? ;D
After a few bites each, i reeled in a bullhead....a big one at that, nasty looking thing..... :-/
Then rob had a good few small pollock around 8oz each. I started to get a good few bits of interest in my larger squid baits, resulting in a good steady pull down...........i struck it and was connected to an unknown fish but a good un!
After not much of a fight an eel of about 10lb (4/5 foot long) appeared on the beach, just as i saw the beast the hook pinged out of its mouth :-[
I threw down my rod and `danced` down the beach to rugby tackle it....next wave ....GONE, GUTTED!!! :'(

Night 2

Went back down with rob on the thurs. VERY calm and VERY cold. It took ages before we had the first bites. Rob had a couple of micro pout....i had a reasonable bit on my big bait and them the lack of bites and the cold got to us. You can guess the rest! ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
aint that just the way! oh well you beached it anyway
could that of been a record silver? or was it a conger!

·
Registered
54 Posts
:uhuh: Unlucky solehunter,..what part of the bay do you fish:g: the hotel end or anywere along the bay, i might be coming down at easter,a chance of a shore conga for me is like... YYYYEEEESSSSS.....Bring it on...:clap3:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hardluck mate,
they reckon that the warmer weather is coming in next week so might even get one of those Barmy warm nights which makes it more of a pleasure to fish, might even have a go for one myself down at Brightstone, (nay not really)

Goodluck anyway
john

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
back luck, your getting a few nice fish atm!!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:uhuh: Unlucky solehunter,..what part of the bay do you fish:g: the hotel end or anywere along the bay, i might be coming down at easter,a chance of a shore conga for me is like... YYYYEEEESSSSS.....Bring it on...:clap3:
Cheers all, i was gutted!
Max......anywhere along the beach really is ok, but the wall is more comfortable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts