World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few nights ago I was making a two hook clip down using a castcade swivel and a imp.
when putting the rig together I had forgotton to use a crimp under the castcade swivel I then clipped it up and on release found the castcade slide down to the bottom .so this got me thinking why not try it as it will nail the lower hook length to the deck .Can anyone foresee any problems with this rig as personally I think it will work any comments or suggestions welcome .

·
Registered
293 Posts
Can’t see any issues with it, give it a go bud and see what happens when we can get out again. If you find there’s a problem you can always tie on a stopknot to keep it up in place, so not all is lost :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use this type of rig regularly down at Chesil. you will get an occasional tangle, but not sure if thats from reeling in, otherwise it works well.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Hi, The problem you will have is, two hook snoods down, so they will tangle. Simple solution is tie a stop knot to replace the missing crimp. Did you put a spring under the top snood swivel, bead, this will tension the lower cascade swivel, and for any adjustments if you changed the snood, for a good release from the imp.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Hi, The problem you will have is, two hook snoods down, so they will tangle. Simple solution is tie a stop knot to replace the missing crimp. Did you put a spring under the top snood swivel, bead, this will tension the lower cascade swivel, and for any adjustments if you changed the snood, for a good release from the imp.
you might want to read the first post again bud, its a well known rig hes stumbled upon ..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
With any sort of tide, I believe that all dropper type rigs don't drop, but go upwards, ie down tide.
So would expect it to tangle top snood.

Just my opinion mind :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have started using stopknot clipped down rigs as my go to clipped down rig.
The top hook if taken will slip down and the second lower stop knot is enough to set the hook.The lower hook slides until it hits the bottom bead.
The action of this rig is very similar to a pulley rig and it seems to work well.

I also use a three hook Sheppey rig (well my version) for all small flatties. I found that one bite moves the other two hooks and quite often end up with three fish on.

·
Registered
141 Posts
A few nights ago I was making a two hook clip down using a castcade swivel and a imp.
when putting the rig together I had forgotton to use a crimp under the castcade swivel I then clipped it up and on release found the castcade slide down to the bottom .so this got me thinking why not try it as it will nail the lower hook length to the deck .Can anyone foresee any problems with this rig as personally I think it will work any comments or suggestions welcome .
the rig i used most used to be a 2 up, 1 down clipped. I would use a impact shield, that would clip the bottom two hooks to, and a cascade swivel to clip the top hook to. I use to only use 20lb Amnesia as snoods, and they were long, and never had problems. But this was before the explosion of rays and hounds, so i would use 30lb Amnesia now. I think the Amnesia is vitally important as a snood line, its so reliable and rarely tangles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts