World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Got back from Mallorca two nights ago (I'll post a write up and some weird fish pics, talk about new species when I download my pics) itching to get out here. Managed to sneak off for a couple of hours last night and am bloody chuffed I did!

Headed off to Langland area.

First off caught this, help with name please, I have no idea what it is (what a newbie eh?) This was on a cocktail of mud rag and prawn.

Then the species I've dying to catch, since starting again this year, never knew something so beautiful existed in our waters. This was on Worm and Prawn again and as so as it started biting had had high hopes (I've been watching "Wild Fishing with Henry" so I'm an expert! LOL) tap.....tap tap.... bang!

Mr Wrasse ( a proper name pleae!)

That was it a two hour session just before dark.

Bloody Chuffed.

·
Team Hr jones
5,931 Posts
ide go for rockling and a wrasse. had a cuckoo wrasse behind the coastguard station couple of years ago, it looked like it belonged to something out of the indian ocean. cracking looking fish the wrasse, well done on sesh m8 :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
good pics there m8:thumbs:

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
100% - 3 bearded rockling and a ballan wrasse - well done!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a better pic of the Rockling.

Lovely looking fish.

Cheers for the 'Ballan' name I knew it was a Wrasse but haven't got to details of recognising yet.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Well done on the two new spieces, if you'r not sure of you'r fish you could get a copy of (the pocket guide to saltwater fish of europe and britain) ISBN 1 85585364 7 i use this book all the time and i'm sure many other anglers do. ballen and 3 beard rockling.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hi Guys

Got back from Mallorca two nights ago (I'll post a write up and some weird fish pics, talk about new species when I download my pics) itching to get out here. Managed to sneak off for a couple of hours last night and am bloody chuffed I did!

Headed off to Langland area.

First off caught this, help with name please, I have no idea what it is (what a newbie eh?) This was on a cocktail of mud rag and prawn.

Then the species I've dying to catch, since starting again this year, never knew something so beautiful existed in our waters. This was on Worm and Prawn again and as so as it started biting had had high hopes (I've been watching "Wild Fishing with Henry" so I'm an expert! LOL) tap.....tap tap.... bang!

Mr Wrasse ( a proper name pleae!)

That was it a two hour session just before dark.

Bloody Chuffed.
thats a ballan wrasse , nice catch mate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts