World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been a while since I last posted but until this week I hadn’t caught anything substantial with my previous PB being only 36cm…

I absolutely smashed my previous PB on Wednesday though with an after work session. While waiting for @Plumb1987 to arrive I started using a Gunfish 115 which didn’t get any interest on but I was hoping to christen it before the meet in November! :sneaky: But it wasn’t to be so on when the big patch in 500g and after about 5 minutes, a hole opened in the sea below my patch, felt briefly snagged before the drag started singing. I tighten my drag (never had to do that before…) and after a couple more runs I landed my first proper bass of 62cm!
EAC1F106-3CBD-4E71-B843-42D163118F5A.jpeg

And that was the only fish that day as matt only managed a tern tangled in his braid :rofl:

Went again today this time to a far less treacherous mark so I decided to use my new 9’6 EU triple cross (really liking this new rod) after an unfortunate accident involving some boulders and my HTO Nebula… only two fish today a 57 and a 61cm both on the 23g surfwalker, mega long casting lure that!
A76204F1-AEF3-453D-A9F1-838C0A907932.jpeg

After that I only managed a tern of my own which went after my lure! Does that also count as a PB I wonder? :confused:

By far the most entertaining thing this week though was watching @Plumb1987 go for a swim to retrieve his astrie… it’s not been your week mate…:roflpuke:

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Well done on your PB

Reactions: Cody1995

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
ive got a funny feeling u were at a spot i know lols bazz

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Well done cody,
i wondered what matt was upto wandering around in his budgie smugglers, i did ok as well mate

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well done cody,
i wondered what matt was upto wandering around in his budgie smugglers, i did ok as well Mate
The thing we do for lures eh :rolleyes:
Ok is a bit of an understatement there I think… lol
Congrats mate..nice one.
stop the lure dead in the water when you get birds after it,they mostly will loose interest.
The slightest tweek after stopping and this one was swooping in again unfortunately, must have just really liked the big patch! Luckily it was only hooked through the webbing on a foot with a single

1 - 19 of 19 Posts