World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a period of inactivity I got my arse in gear and ventured out for an early morning jaunt on the the Roseland to have a look at a few marks I'd seen on Google earth.

First mark looked very "fishy" to my untrained eye. Cloud with breaks of hazy sunshine overhead and a little swell running on the incoming tide.

After slipping down the access route like an Olympic skier due to last night's rain I set about throwing some metal lures in to no avail.

Not until I paid attention to my feet did I notice the lure being followed in by a fish but left well alone. So I swapped to a little weedless soft plastic and began working in close. Pearl white didn't do the trick, so on went one named 'rainbow wrasse'.

WALLOP!

First ever wrasse caught. Hit the lure like a train. PB number 1.

Fish Marine biology Ray-finned fish Tail Fin

I was then joined by the ever present Roseland seals, who after a while looked as bored as I was lobbing a variety of lures in to the sea with no result.

I moved round to the next mark which again looked very "fishy". This resulted in PB number 2.

Bedrock Slope Wood Formation Fault

🙄

Packed it in just before high, mackerel and bass-less again.

Nice day out mind.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wrasse are great fun on lures. There are some big ones out there. If your getting a lot, it can pay to get some cheap soft plastics from trago Mills or similar, as they will shred the tails of the lures and that can be expensive on fiish black minnows etc.

The launce makes good bait. You could try unclipping the lure and clipping on a single hook and flicking it out as live bait. I don't think lure caught one's are ever likely to survive long if you release them, as they always seem to do so much damage when they smash the lure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts