World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Is that including tip mate, I got mine built by Stan who did my spacings and my rod is perfect.

Let me know and I'll get some measurements from mine which is built for fishing

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This is what i use but my measuring may possibly be a mm or so out here and there lol

From tip in inches

15 from butt spigot

Excellent rod!

·
Banned
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats a lot rod for a relative newcomer

good luck!
Hello mark yea Andy did say that to me the other week lol. Yes it's true it's a beast of a rod but it will be used on the Bristol Channel where I think it will fit in perfect.
As for a casting rod hmm going to have to grow into it, but its going to be fun trying tho mark :)

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Hello mark yea Andy did say that to me the other week lol. Yes it's true it's a beast of a rod but it will be used on the Bristol Channel where I think it will fit in perfect.
As for a casting rod hmm going to have to grow into it, but its going to be fun trying tho mark :)
hello where did you purchase the blanks jim?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have recently built mine m8 and fair play once you pass the tip they are a beast of a rod and having the glass tip bite detection is second to none. I have only fished with it 3 times but on the second outing it hauled a 12lb blond over rough ground with no probs. Great rod in my opinion :thumbs: if you want the spacings I used let me know m8 they are very similar to swhoundmaster but I put the first 4 eyes a bit closer to keep the line from the blank but all blanks are slightly different

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.