World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Stampy (from the NW forum) had a trip over to Ty Croes yesterday, first up, we spent 5 minutes clearing all the crap off of the platform we was going to fish, it was a real s**t hole, Ammo frozen bait bags, Aldi bags and long lengths of line over the rocks!!!!!!!

Started fishing around 17:30, was getting a lot of small knocks from Coalies, had a few on a small 2 hook rig, but the larger fish baits remianed untouched apart from the odd rattle from curious small fish
As it went dark we fished larger fish baits on a variety of rigs with hooks ranging from 2/0 to 6/0, the doggies started to show as the small fish rattles slowed down. High tide was around 21:30, was getting bites up to high tide and down until around 1:00, then it went quiet and shortly after we packed up!

The highlight of the night came in around midnight, stampy connected with what he though was a good doggie, it came up fairly quick and then started a few good lunges, from where I was, I could see his rod tip vibrating and it was looking very not like a doggie at this point, evenetualy a nice Bull Huss came to the surface, with a few well placed steps down onto a lower ledge that was getting some swell, I landed the fish for him.
It tipped the scales at 10lb 7oz' great fish mate, well done
I took plenty of pics which should be on later

I ended up with 5 doggies, 2 flounder, 5 coalies and 1 whiting, Stampy had a couple of doggies and coalies to go with his huss

All in all, a good nights fishing! I like Ty croes, it's a real nice place, but it doesn't look so nice covered in a pile of fishing leftovers!!!

Tony

·
Registered
256 Posts
And as if by magic.............

Must have been writing at exactly the same time as me Mate........:)
Stampy.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Thanks for sucha good report and some good fish! Well done.

Also thanks for highlighting the 'plauge' which seems to be afflicting our sport. Also for clearing other people's cr*p! Like you, i can't understand why they don't put the plastic where it was when they arrived - it's not that bags are heavy!!! Why is it that most of us wouldn't dream of leaving anything whilst others just paddle in it like badly kept animals!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts