World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry no pics in this one but since some might still be suffering with cabin fever I'll press on regardless :D:D:D

The weekend arrived and I picked my mate up at 7 am and headed to Ty Croes to get shelter from the easterly wind. We were fishing at Ty Croes for around 10 am. XC, BBC and Met Office all got it wrong as it didn't pee it down all morning. It tried to spit once but never developed into a soaking thankfully :cool:

There wasn't much in the way of waves but jesus! the swell was pretty tasty and was banging up that gulley to the right hand side of the "really really" popular mark way over my height. Water clarity was the worst I've ever seen at that mark, you could see the sand particles in the water like a proper muddy soup :eek:

Bait was sandeels, mack, squid and lug (all frozen) in various combinations or alone. As ever at that mark I cast out a substantial fishy tempter for a huss, ray or conger but was pestered by doggies and greedy whiting from the off. As soon as the lead hit the sea bed the whiting was ragging it about :mad:. Tried a bit of float fishing hoping for some passing pollack or coalies but the swell made it an impractical proposition.

We sacked it off there about 2 in the afternoon after being forced off the ledge by the swell and our plans of sticking it out up the wall to do a bit of float fishing were not going smoothly. Still the weather was excellent, no wind, no rain and I was able to fish in my T shirt it was so mild, so a good little session with plenty of action and a few taker size whiting as a reward :D:D:D

After a break and a feed the next spot for the day was Amlwch, picked as the wind was supposed to be moving round to the west later and the hill would afford a bit of shelter. As it was the forecast got that wrong too and there was hardly a breath.

Pretty much same result as Ty Croes with whiting being the main catch interspersed with doggies but had a couple more decent taker size in amongst it all. The last fish of the day we were just about to chuck back when I thought "hold on a minute, those spots look pretty distinctive on that doggy". A quick check of the nasal flaps confirmed it was a small dogfish sized huss.

We jacked it in about 10ish thoroughly knackered but cleared of all cobwebs! :):):)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Cracking report there! Well done on a few fish, mate :)

Reactions: Timbc2

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts
Can't beat clearing all them cobwebs with some decent weather and fish to boot, well done:):):)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Excellent report of of a nice session well done.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Great report on what sounds like a busy session ;), it's always a bonus too when the weather is decent despite a dodgy forecast :).

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cracking report there! Well done on a few fish, mate :)
Can't beat clearing all them cobwebs with some decent weather and fish to boot, well done:):):)
Excellent report of of a nice session well done.
Great report on what sounds like a busy session ;), it's always a bonus too when the weather is decent despite a dodgy forecast :).
Great report,sounds like a busy session.Fishing in a t shirt in jan mad:p
Great report and sounds like a very enjoyable session. Well done.
Thanks for the replies gents :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.