World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
Not sure what this leader knot is called but this is the one I use...
Text Line Font Parallel

With the one in ur video, does having two bits of line in-between the mainline and shockleader not cause u any trouble?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
here is a little clip on tying the Spider hitch. What knots do you us to tie your mainline to leader?
Second part of that linking spider hitch loop to leader looks like a yucatan knot. Easier to tie by wrapping the looped mainline around a straight leader then take the tag end of leader through the mainline loop:
http://www.netknots.com/fishing_knots/yucatan-knot/

With the one in ur video, does having two bits of line in-between the mainline and shockleader not cause u any trouble?
I use a bimini twist instead of spider hitch and the yucatan or slim beauty. The loop and doubled mainline makes for a much stronger knot.

·
Banned
781 Posts
no mate, not even close the bimini twist is probably one of the best used at the right time, it is a shockleader knot for when strength is of the ut most important, i dont know what the one you use is called, maybe just shockleader knot?

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
Well I didn't know how to tie it so just typed in shockleader knot and that was the first one that come up so used that one lol

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I use the improved Albright or the one that Lawrecne mentioned, which I just call a standard shockleader knot.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I used a shock-leader for the first time ever yesterday, is there any way to stop the knot catching on the rings? I found this quite annoying and it seemed like it was limiting my casts.

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
I used the knot in the picture I posted at the top for the first time last month, never used a shockleader before and I found it really easy to tie and my last session was really really weedy but I didn't have one strand of weed caught on my knot it also didn't catch on my rings. These guys will probably tell you to try a different one but its worth a go trying the one I use.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts