World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son, who has only been fishing a few times, but is starting to take an interest in it, asked during the week if we could go fishing saturday evening 1 aug, arranged everything, but told him to wait till saturday morning coz the forecast was uncertain, looked lunchtime, both itv and bbc forecast heavy rain moving through in the evening, with him not having wet gear, i decided it best not to go, to cut a long story short, oh surprise surprise, the rain was so light and patchy, was i annoyed,

YET AGAIN THE CRAP WEATHER PEOPLE GOT IT ALL WRONG

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Don't rely on the t.v weather (they usually get it wrong) try metcheck.com usually pretty accurate.
Do not rely on the television for accurate weather reports (remember the hurricane). There are a few decent websites that give better weather conditions xcweather being one of them, I am sure other people will name a few sites

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
My son, who has only been fishing a few times, but is starting to take an interest in it, asked during the week if we could go fishing saturday evening 1 aug, arranged everything, but told him to wait till saturday morning coz the forecast was uncertain, looked lunchtime, both itv and bbc forecast heavy rain moving through in the evening, with him not having wet gear, i decided it best not to go, to cut a long story short, oh surprise surprise, the rain was so light and patchy, was i annoyed,

YET AGAIN THE CRAP WEATHER PEOPLE GOT IT ALL WRONG
We got your weather then!!! Forecast was for dry and cloudy, pee'd down all evening!!!!:eek:hmy:

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
We got your weather then!!! Forecast was for dry and cloudy, pee'd down all evening!!!!:eek:hmy:
No Issy that was you peeing all evening

·
Registered
543 Posts
good weather is on its way going to get up to 33c

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't rely on the t.v weather (they usually get it wrong) try metcheck.com usually pretty accurate.

i have metcheck and a few other online weather sites, but rather stupidly did not look at them, more important, did not want to get someone new to fishing soaked n put him off

·
Premium Member
26,428 Posts
Went out on a charter boat for the first time in over forty years on Tuesday. We had a little more weather than had been forecast. Loads of tangled lines, spilt coffee's and general discomfort. Weather forecasting seems to be an inexact science.:boat:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts