World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished in unimpressive conditions last night - tiny neap on the ebb with a slight offshore breeze. Beautiful starry night though!

Place was crawling with dogfish to all baits/ranges. They were even ripping whole pennel-rigged squid to bits soon after casting out. Apart from stacks of woofers a small dab and a few rattles from undersized whiting was the remainder.

Bring on a bit of a westerly surf now with the next set of Spring tides and the place ought to get a bit more interesting than that!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still woofing away merrily at Tywyn. Lost count once again last night (16/10/04)!

On the positive side there were also whiting, dab and rockling showing so the season is upon us once again on the Cardigan Bay coast, just need the doggies to go on holiday now!

Will keep this as the Mid-Wales venue reports thread for the next few weeks so it'll be easy to catch up with. Follow my exploits as I try to escape from dogfish and catch something worthwhile!!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Latest from Tywyn:

Last week before the big easterly blow there were some better whiting about although not in numbers - and no doggies!

More recently, I fished the flood last night 5.30pm-9.30. Sea flat except for very gentle swell.

It was crawling again with dogfish, lost count. Even had 2 on a giant lug/squid cocktail - one had got the 6/0 Varivas Big-mouth into its own mouth somehow while the other had managed to tangle itself in the trace - must have taken some determination to do this! Other than that only a few whiting - undersized. Not very impressive!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too many woofers there tonight!

Hardly a breeze but a neat ground-sea with big slammers hitting the beach. Fished an hour before HW till 21/2 down. No codling but plenty of whiting - only snag was sizeable ones disappeared early in the ebb. Doggers didn't make an appearance until the last half-hour, by when I decided to go to the pub instead!!

A pleasant enough evening anyway....

Cheers - john

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Needs the wind/swell to die off a bit. Should be worth a go for the whiting over high water then, and have a bigger bait out on one rod in case codling are lurking.....

Cheers - John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts