World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well with no wrasse bash last weekend there has to be no fishing this month nor next month as like the geese i am to gather up the gosselins and mother goose and fly south

after a successful interview i have a new job where the north shore of the solway firth is only a 10/15 min walk from my door (colvend dalbettie)

sorry to be leaving behind a good wrasse mark and the flatties at st'cyrus and all the fishing buddies that i have made up here on the east coast (i'll be back for a sesh or twa, loons)

so with sandy hills just down the road where i did paddle as a nipper you could say that it just like hame to hame but didnt do much fishing at the age of 5

so here my plea, when i get settled down in my new home i can only hope that some of you lads down that way will be kind enough to give me some pointers on how to fish down that way (there must be some good flatties with all that sand)

loons in the east
i have a chest freezer in my garage if any of you are looking for a bait freezer ( 3'6" x 2' x 2'8" ) yours for a small donation to the removal fund

such is life, sad days but the future is bright

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry to see you going mate but congrats on the new job and the move back to your home turf :) You'll need top PM me with all your little fishing spots you didn't get a chance to take me to :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
i'll take it malky whens best to pick up?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Good luck with the new job Malky - hopefully you will still be on the forum and we can look forward to reports and poetry from a different part of the world.. Gan on ma loon to a brand new toon, where the fash are fat and greedy,,, when you catch too much,, half a ton as such, then remember findus indeedy...
Lol... sorry Malky thats about as gid as my pottery gets... guid luck ma loon.. Kennedy..

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll take it malky whens best to pick up?

its yours mate any time you like as i am always round about the door or in the yard not away till the end of the month, just give me a call

·
Registered
794 Posts
well with no wrasse bash last weekend there has to be no fishing this month nor next month as like the geese i am to gather up the gosselins and mother goose and fly south

after a successful interview i have a new job where the north shore of the solway firth is only a 10/15 min walk from my door (colvend dalbettie)

sorry to be leaving behind a good wrasse mark and the flatties at st'cyrus and all the fishing buddies that i have made up here on the east coast (i'll be back for a sesh or twa, loons)

so with sandy hills just down the road where i did paddle as a nipper you could say that it just like hame to hame but didnt do much fishing at the age of 5

so here my plea, when i get settled down in my new home i can only hope that some of you lads down that way will be kind enough to give me some pointers on how to fish down that way (there must be some good flatties with all that sand)

loons in the east
i have a chest freezer in my garage if any of you are looking for a bait freezer ( 3'6" x 2' x 2'8" ) yours for a small donation to the removal fund

such is life, sad days but the future is bright
guid luck in yer new job/digs.......they let anybody bide there:love:

·
Registered
467 Posts
all the best mate give me a call when your all set up so i can come down to wet a line with you :fishing1: might even take you out for some tope off the yak :bleh:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Malky me old mucker great talking to you on the phone mate sad that you have to move beside all them doggies down there not just the ones in the water lol! dont fret mate we come down that way sometimes and will be sure to give you a shout for a wee fishing sesh. Let me know when you get settled buddy i will even do the trip just for a natter with an good pal.
Take care bud.

·
Registered
650 Posts
all the best mate give me a call when your all set up so i can come down to wet a line with you :fishing1: might even take you out for some tope off the yak :bleh:
Malky on a kayak :g:

Now THAT I would pay money to see :laugh:

How is it that the song goes ?? .............. "and I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more ....." :crazy:

Hud on a minute, you said "yak".

Ahhhhhhhh, I get it now. :doh:

You are alluding to Malky's penchent for coo's :whistling

Noo yon's a vision to gie ya nightmares aboot :headhurt:

Malky fishin' for tope aff o' the back o' a hairy heifer :lmao:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Malky on a kayak :g:

Now THAT I would pay money to see :laugh:

How is it that the song goes ?? .............. "and I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more ....." :crazy:

Hud on a minute, you said "yak".

Ahhhhhhhh, I get it now. :doh:

You are alluding to Malky's penchent for coo's :whistling

Noo yon's a vision to gie ya nightmares aboot :headhurt:

Malky fishin' for tope aff o' the back o' a hairy heifer :lmao:
brill

hairy heifer - now that something i havent seen in year :wheelchai oh the memories, its just the same ald yak these days

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Well done on getting your new job Udderman. Colvend, not far to travel to good fishing grounds, right on your doorstep for one. If you like fishing for ballans then Burrowhead is only an hours drive away and will provide all the wrasse you could ever want.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well done on getting your new job Udderman. Colvend, not far to travel to good fishing grounds, right on your doorstep for one. If you like fishing for ballans then Burrowhead is only an hours drive away and will provide all the wrasse you could ever want.
flattie bashing, wrasse bashing, any fish i'm happy catching as a chuck and hope angler with all fish returned my angling's is my escape from reality so looking forward to escaping to new shores

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Well done on getting the new job. Might we see you over on the MOG then? The fishing is still quite canny here :fishing:

John

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well done on getting the new job. Might we see you over on the MOG then? The fishing is still quite canny here :fishing:

John
i'll be round that way some day its 20 years or more since i was on the mog and didnt like it as found it a scary place (helps if you know where your going)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
i'll be round that way some day its 20 years or more since i was on the mog and didnt like it as found it a scary place (helps if you know where your going)
There are a lot of nicer and quieter areas to fish than the Mull. On your doorstep, are the old cod marks of Cows snoot and Sugarloaf, and Cod corner is no distance at all. The cod are history, but some good flatties can be caught there. Nine miles towards Dumfries, you have Carsethorn, a noted flounder mark (crab bait essential ) Heading back to Colvend you have Powillimount, good for flounder plaice and dab plus bass, with lug the top bait. Going the opposite direction just over 10 miles to Auchencairn where you have the choice of the Balcary marks of point and flat rock, dogs, rays, conger and flats or Rascarrel with again mainly doggies with chance of conger, huss and bass. So you are central to some great fishing marks, and you are not too distant from collecting your own bait.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Good luck with your new ventute mate, I'll maybe catch up with you down that neck of the woods at some point.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Malky, best of luck with the new job mate and thanks for all your help and advice over the last 18 months or so - priceless!

Cheers

Swinny

1 - 20 of 24 Posts