World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Anyone ever had any problems with these things? The Reason I ask is I was using one in conjunction with an Imp for a Clipped down rig the other day on a beach, and Wound up a Pendulum Cast, Half way through the Powerstroke I heard a Huge Crack and thought my leader had gave way.

However on Closer inspection the Link had Broken and I lad been left with an 'L' shaped piece of the clip... :g:

Thinking twice about using Imps now...

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Metal Link that the Imp lies in Broke Mark...

· Registered
5,396 Posts
Not a big hitter, I couldnt break the skin on one of my nans rice puddings ( is real thick mind you ! ) never mind an Imp. I have played with them recently and have been quite impressed, have you contacted Breakaway ?

I was using the Imp2s but cant find them on their site, i was interested in what differed from the Imp 1s ? if you know what I mean. Check em out HERE.

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have to say Sally, I've always loved the Imps Myself, There Clipability with SRT/Cascade Rigs are Second to None, Breakaway appear to be renevating there site so I can't see the Imp2s, But I'd certainly be interested in them.

This is the First, and Only Bad thing I've had to say about them, Pity its such a big issue...

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Has Anyone ever had any problems with these things? The Reason I ask is I was using one in conjunction with an Imp for a Clipped down rig the other day on a beach, and Wound up a Pendulum Cast, Half way through the Powerstroke I heard a Huge Crack and thought my leader had gave way.

However on Closer inspection the Link had Broken and I lad been left with an 'L' shaped piece of the clip... :g:

Thinking twice about using Imps now...
I found the Imps can be twisted onto the line above the weight (same way as a French boom). No knots, no strain on the link, and easily adjusted if you shorten the hook length.
Perhaps not the way they were designed to be used - but very handy.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Diamond Dave and Haggis Tosser i think you are both getting confused with Breakaway Spin link Clips that have are ok for up to 35lb test (as stated on the packet) Breakaway Imps come supplied with a clip that breakaway call a Fast link ,this does look a thinner wire than the original Breakaway clips but im pretty sure (like everything else they make) that it has been properly tried and tested before being released on sale ,however has as been mentioned before some of there items have been copied ,im not saying this is the case but the Fast links are designed for long range fishing so must be strong enough maybe K2-NI had a rogue dodgy one

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, Maybe I put up the wrong name, But its the Clip that holds the Imp...
:)

· Registered
1,864 Posts
K2-N1 your spot on the clip supplied with IMPs is called a fast clip ,guess yours were a bit faster than Breakaway thought they would be ,on a serious note if the clip broke and caused injury who would be at fault ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.