World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I knew before I started it would probably be a waste of time, but we shall see, I contacted Discovery to ask if they ever contemplated showing some UK sea angling, pointing out that not every angler in the UK is into carp...it's a bit poor that we have to rely on Youtube etc to get our fix.. no reply yet and I'm not holding my breath but after all if you dont ask.....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That didnt take as long as I thought, maybe we should let 'em know we exist! lol

Thank you for contacting Discovery.

Our schedules are designed based on viewer feedback and the popularity of programmes. We are sorry you have been disappointed on this occasion. We will forward your comments to our scheduling team for their consideration.

Kind regards,

Kirsty | Discovery Viewer Services | discoveryuk.com

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Well, I knew before I started it would probably be a waste of time, but we shall see, I contacted Discovery to ask if they ever contemplated showing some UK sea angling, pointing out that not every angler in the UK is into carp...it's a bit poor that we have to rely on Youtube etc to get our fix.. no reply yet and I'm not holding my breath but after all if you dont ask.....

Ricasso,

Good idea..What email address did you use to contact them?

Regards,

Peter

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Agreed m8, they could show the Totally Awesome Fishing Show for one, they do seem to think the world revolves around coarse fishing.
I would be nice to see the TAF team make the jump onto main stream TV...Looking at some of the fishing programes on Discovery Shed at the moment, the TAF team are not that far behind in terms of production quality ect as it is...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I particularly like Chris Collins from the East coast on the "From the Waters Edge" series on Youtube, he's got a good easygoing style thats good to watch and without the amateur dramatics of that fellow on TAF, someone should give Chris his own series!

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
I particularly like Chris Collins from the East coast on the "From the Waters Edge" series on Youtube, he's got a good easygoing style thats good to watch and without the amateur dramatics of that fellow on TAF, someone should give Chris his own series!
love watching his videos there great to watch

·
Registered
14 Posts
In a week when we had Dogs flying planes and People having intercourse on TV, I cant help but think we really do need some quality TV for everyone not just for Sea Anglers :D

That being said it has always baffled me the attention coarse fishing gets over sea fishing, Anyone would think we are a landlocked country not an island.

G

·
I think those Chris Collins waters edge vids are good too, he comes across as humble, modest, likeable and they are interesting to watch.

TAF is a bit cringey at times but its doing well, 89000 subscribers and that probably translates to about £30k income in youtube ads. They don't half get about fishing though, can't be cheap.

I think maybe people on Discovery and other channels think we are getting our fix of sea fishing with the boat stuff. Deadliest catch and wicked tuna or whatever it is called as well as a bit of Robson G.
I do seem to catch a lot of carp stuff on TV though, I wonder how many participants they have vs sea anglers in the UK? They certainly have a lot of vids online.

One thing that does occur to me is that it's a lot easier filming around a lake than by the sea most of the time. The spray gets all over the camera lense and the salt doesn't do cameras any good. It's also bloody windy a lot of the time. Us sea anglers do catch a lot of better fish at night and that isn't good for filming.

I wish there was a decent shore angling series on going all over the country.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Then there's always Henry's series, maybe a good time to give that another airing what with Lure season coming up? perhaps he could do with the royalty's to help pay for all those lures he's gonna lose! (sorry Henry ;) )

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cant abide John Wilson meself, a bit too up himself, one of the things that turned me off him was when he is fishing with someone else and that person catches he tends to hog the fish, as though he caught it himself, and if he cant get hold of the fish he almost ignores it, I've not watched him for a few years, maybe he's changed, I'm not into Salmon in Canada or sport fishing in the Caribbean, I'm never likely to go there so would prefer to see stuff caught from our shores.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.