World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
i use ultima f1 and think its the best out there.
Always thought you couldnt get better than ultima f1 myself, until about 6 weeks ago, bought a spool of 20lb (£11) attached shock leader cast out SNAP, thought it was a dodgy knot replaced leader cast again no prob, felt a couple mack on, started winding in SNAP, wound in and found the knot had given way, later learned of a thread on here it doesnt have a good knot strength,now use daiwa sensor and had no probs since.
steve

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
iv just started gettin back into fishing and got my self some daiwa sensor ultima red ice and ultima distance all 20lb bs spools, tried the ultima distance first and its still on all my reels after over 10 sessions and still goin strong lovely line il defo be getting some more

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
iv just started gettin back into fishing and got my self some daiwa sensor ultima red ice and ultima distance all 20lb bs spools, tried the ultima distance first and its still on all my reels after over 10 sessions and still goin strong lovely line il defo be getting some more
Yep I will second that. I got a big spool of Ultima Distance from Blakdog Tackle and now its all I use for fishing. It breaks way higher than its quoted Breaking Strain and I've had no problems using it over rough ground.

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,953 Posts
Yep I will second that. I got a big spool of Ultima Distance from Blakdog Tackle and now its all I use for fishing. It breaks way higher than its quoted Breaking Strain and I've had no problems using it over rough ground.
hi m8 just googled blakdog tackle no mention of line on web site

how much 4 half a kilo of distance

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
hello lads have any of yous used ulitma power steel any good jim?
good to see all the replies about the power steel for you mate:doh:....... i use powersteel 18lb on my penn 525 and find it very good line over rough ground and knots very well....did find a birdy more difficult to pull out than my usual sakuma nite crystal but i'll just have to be more carefull next time!!...

·
Registered
583 Posts
i use ultima seastrike 15lb after it was recommended and thats all i use now

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I use powersteel 15lb and am very impressed with the knotting and feel off the spool when casting. I then bought 1/2 kilo of F1 that I just cant knot and wish I hadnt bought

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.