of any good fishing spots and a caravan sites
handy and cheap. Andy:blink: :blink:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Im heading for Ullapool to-morrow anyone no
ardmair bay is a nice one there is also one in ullapool itself but gets busy,both sites are next to the beach

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Thnx Niel that the info that i required. Andy:notworthy
jist shove the tourists oot the way Andy,and enjoy yerself i was fishing up there a good few years ago and we drove to gairloch to do a spot of sea fishing we ended up hiring an auld wooden rowboat for 50p for the day,nae engine ,nae lifebelts nae anchor just oars and the occasional gap in the clinker,we spent mair time bailin oot water than fishin,needless to say we blanked,,,:blink:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jist shove the tourists oot the way Andy,and enjoy yerself i was fishing up there a good few years ago and we drove to gairloch to do a spot of sea fishing we ended up hiring an auld wooden rowboat for 50p for the day,nae engine ,nae lifebelts nae anchor just oars and the occasional gap in the clinker,we spent mair time bailin oot water than fishin,needless to say we blanked,,,:blink:
Am no a boat man Niel 3 old pals drowned in a wee quiet
scottish loch that put me off. Andy

·
Banned
820 Posts
Im heading for Ullapool to-morrow anyone no
The point at Ardmair bay is a good dep water Pollack mark. Further round into the bay on some of the ledges there is good fishing for Wrasse at high tide. Not big a pound or so but great fun. Long casting from these ledges will put you into the usuall LSDs but you have a good chance of a Thorncack too.
On the Loch Broom side of the pont the water is incredibly deep. Never got round to trying it yet. Who knows what you would contact there?

The sites are unlikely to be busy at this time of year.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The point at Ardmair bay is a good dep water Pollack mark. Further round into the bay on some of the ledges there is good fishing for Wrasse at high tide. Not big a pound or so but great fun. Long casting from these ledges will put you into the usuall LSDs but you have a good chance of a Thorncack too.
On the Loch Broom side of the pont the water is incredibly deep. Never got round to trying it yet. Who knows what you would contact there?

The sites are unlikely to be busy at this time of year.
there ye go an expert:)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Expert? I wish.!:) Just know the area pretty well, been going there for 40 years. And will be back again this summer out in the boat. :boat: :)
Hows the fishing down Ayrshire way?:g:
i wish as well ,,went every year back in the seventies and its been sporadic visits since then,but it was mostly trout we were after ,the place has grown a lot over the years,the place i miss most though is the fishermans mission where you used to get good meals cheap.
as for ayrshires fishing i could,nt say as i have not been sea fishing for about 20 odd years,just started again and have a lot to catch up on ,but its great fun doing so,the wifes not so happy as i am wanting to update my gear and would love a boat, cheers neil:) :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
The great thing about Ullapool campsite is you have great countryside about but only 5 minutes walk to the shops couple of excellent chippies good pubs etc. Have done a bit of fishing just up the coast at the lighthouse for pollack.

Will be up that way myself this weekend (at Loch Dhroma) but more a hill walking with a canoe at Gunard Bay. Only fishing likely to be for wild brownies.

LotI

·
Banned
820 Posts
The great thing about Ullapool campsite is you have great countryside about but only 5 minutes walk to the shops couple of excellent chippies good pubs etc. Have done a bit of fishing just up the coast at the lighthouse for pollack.

Will be up that way myself this weekend (at Loch Dhroma) but more a hill walking with a canoe at Gunard Bay. Only fishing likely to be for wild brownies.

LotI
They breed them tough up there. Hill walking with a canoe!:boat: :g: It's the porridge for breakfast that does it you know!:)

Gunard? I assume that was a typo? Do you mean Gruinard Bay?
Bliss as you say!:clap3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts