World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· The people's moral compass
12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
surely if you list something as ultima, it should be ultima you're selling ?

Item number 130100528999

not to mention naughty stickers for rods.

· Registered
1,420 Posts

item number 130100528999

i can see a mod coming mr plums... hes gonna tell you you're a bad boy for that link! lol:)

12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know that links aren't meant to be posted, but in this case it's not a case of advertising something good, nore a case of dodgy line ! i've never seen an ultima line without ultima's name on the spool.

12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi Al, perhaps he just listed wrongly, but i don't know of blue ultima line eithe ! never seen any !

12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, i'll put number instead in future, why no links as such ? i know we shouldn't link to ad's etc, but is there a more specific reason as to why no ebay links ?

· Registered
7,181 Posts
Coz my boss told me so.....and im just doing as im told..

its somthing to do with the people who genuinely advertise on these forums,getting upset with free links to auction sites and other such things,,

Marcus

· Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,407 Posts

Item number 130100528999

I've come across this before, the seller tells you that it's the same line with a different label. A few members have had bad experiences in the past if you look back through the archives. I don't buy line off fleabay, get it from a reputable source. With the right gear, anyone can spool cheap mono onto an empty Ultima spool. :uhuh:

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Yeah i have seen the Ultima Vector before in the 'Bargain Bucket' at my local tackle shop last week. A 4oz spool of it in yellow or clear is only £2! So it looks like people have been buying it cheaply as its now discontinued and trying to sell it as a 'Premium Ultima fishing line'.

15,087 Posts
Yeah i have seen the Ultima Vector before in the 'Bargain Bucket' at my local tackle shop last week. A 4oz spool of it in yellow or clear is only £2! So it looks like people have been buying it cheaply as its now discontinued and trying to sell it as a 'Premium Ultima fishing line'.
Thanks for that,just go's to show the guy is doing nothing wrong.:uhuh:

Ron

12,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, maybe i'm wrong in this case, my local shop stocks most of the good ultima lines, F1, seastrike etc, never seen vector, nor a ultima line that doesn't say ultima on it !

aoplogies to the seller if i'm wrong.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Yup thats the stuff mate it comes in; green, blue, yellow and clear. It looks pretty nasty stuff, advertised as 'Mackerel Line' in my local shop. I would hate to be on the pier when numptys start throwing 6oz leads attached to strings of feathers around on that stuff!:(

· Registered
2,401 Posts
Yup thats the stuff mate it comes in; green, blue, yellow and clear. It looks pretty nasty stuff, advertised as 'Mackerel Line' in my local shop. I would hate to be on the pier when numptys start throwing 6oz leads attached to strings of feathers around on that stuff!:(

too right..that ultima f1 is absolute carp :notworthy

· Registered
1,352 Posts
I have some 'Virage' fluorocarbon that is advertised everywhere as Ultima line. Yet no where on the packaging will you find the word "Ultima".

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.