World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that there is little information posted on the forums about rigs for boat fishing. I intend to start this thread so that people can recomend rigs, detail how to make rigs and provide infromation on how best to fish rigs for certain species.
For example;
Hopper rig for pollock and coalfish,
Running ledger rig for uptiding,
2 up one down rig for bream, gurnard and other smaller species,
Baited Hokais of feathers for Whting, codling and haddock,
Etc, etc, etc,,,,
Please feel free to post instructions on how to tie rigs, and even better diagrams or pictures to accompany rigs if possible

Yes i do know there is a rig section on this web page, but i am sure people will have better ideas and suggestions on alternative rigs.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To start the ball rolling i will say that the Mustad Shrimp Rigs size 4 hooks, either plain or baited with mackerel strip or squid is one of my favourite summer species hunting rigs. I find it picks up just about anything that swims, often including bonus codling and haddock. Anothe favourite rig of mine is a simple two hook pasternoster tied with two cut blood loops. The rig is simple as all it uses is a piece of 3ft 20lb mono and two size 1/0 - 6 hooks. Simply tie a surgeons loop at each end and add two blood loops at approximately 1 foot intervals to make the snoods. tie on your chosen hook, loop in a 1oz - 8oz lead and clip on to your mainline and away you go. A very simple rig ideal for fishing for bream and gurnard over ground where loosing tackle is a possibility. I am sure many of you will come up with better rigs you use yourself so please post them here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts