World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished my favorite gower rock mark yesterday, unfortunately the carrier bag boys were down filling them with undersized fish. on the other hand it was nice to see the sensible few putting the small bass back, and my brother landing his first bass this year over 4lb spinning.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
fished my favorite gower rock mark yesterday, unfortunately the carrier bag boys were down filling them with undersized fish. on the other hand it was nice to see the sensible few putting the small bass back, and my brother landing his first bass this year over 4lb spinning.
thats not a good thing, cracking first bass thow well done robsparks brother

·
Registered
12,163 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Bass. what a noble fish to catch and what a noble gesture it is to put him back in good health. shame on those that kept the undersized ones........

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
stupid barstewards:bangin::bangin:

lots of small bass around this year...just shows how the netters have decimated stocks over the last 5 years. there used to be loads of 3-5lb fish..

john

·
Registered
24,897 Posts
the reality is 37 1-2 centre meters is the legal bass size in wales and 36 centre meters in england
We got 37 1/2cm here too.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
But really should we all not be fishing to the NFSA size !

·
Registered
24,897 Posts
Should be up to the individual imo.If you want to take them,take them.If you dont want to take them, dont take them!

·
Registered
325 Posts
if a farmer went into his field and shot all his cows, strangely enough he would have no cows to shoot tomorrow,just an empty field where cows used to be, but i guess he would have had a couple of hours fun, eh? CONSERVATION!i think is the word i,m looking for.

·
Registered
24,897 Posts
if a farmer went into his field and shot all his cows, strangely enough he would have no cows to shoot tomorrow,just an empty field where cows used to be, but i guess he would have had a couple of hours fun, eh? CONSERVATION!i think is the word i,m looking for.
Ahh the perfect day,shoot all your cows in the morning then go bass bashing in afternoon!LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i work to 47cm, and take nothing bigger than 8lb. plus if i have a couple of nice fish to keep, the rest go back to fight another day. i would like youngsters to have as much fun catching them in the future as i do now.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
My Mate caught and kept a 14Lbr. He removed some of the scales from the fish and sent them of to the MAFF for analysis. the age of the fish was estimated to be around 28 years. So they are slow growing and deserve some respect before they are all gone and all we will have left to keep us entertained will be Sky Tellie....... (yikes)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
My Mate caught and kept a 14Lbr. He removed some of the scales from the fish and sent them of to the MAFF for analysis. the age of the fish was estimated to be around 28 years. So they are slow growing and deserve some respect before they are all gone and all we will have left to keep us entertained will be Sky Tellie....... (yikes)
wow thats surprising , wouldnt of thought a fish would be that old at that size, i always put my bass back , might keep 1 or 2 if someone wouild like a nice tea but not for me i h8 eating fish lol:icecream::clap2::bleh:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
I've only ever kept 2 bass, recently too. A 3.5lber at 49 cm, and a 4lb 4 Ozer of 60 cms....perfect table sized, but I still raised a few eyebrows by doing that Just goes to show, some people will NEVER think its OK to keep them, regardless of size/weight.

G

·

Christ 28 years of dodging nets,hooks,seals and god knows what. That must take some doing

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Christ 28 years of dodging nets,hooks,seals and god knows what. That must take some doing
Which is the reason why i feel thay should go back !

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
ditto lovely fish the silver bars put all mine back cause i`m like that i don`t mind peeps taking 1-2 for the table but i draw the line at taking them from a protected area but thats me tight lines

1 - 20 of 21 Posts