World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been fishing for several years I was shocked and angry to view in the same week lots of undersize Flounders being killed by adult fishermen in the Tay Estuary. I fish for a local club and understand the minimum size for keeping this species but I do not think that these people understand this, these type of people need to be educated on this or the future of the sport will be gone for my children and the children of others out there. Next time anyone is fishing keep your eyes open for these type of people and let them know what the legal sizes are.

SOS save our species

Cheers
Redhead :mad:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks

I agree, I find it sickening watching people take home undersize fish.

I am new to sea fishing, but the first thing I did was printed out a size chart and I taped it onto my tackle box, as you said its future generations who will pay for they’re ignorance, the problem is there is no one to stop them, and sensible anglers aren’t always around to point out the rules, and 9 times out of 10 people don’t bother to listen anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is shocking to see, wonder how many are just binned rather eaten. Just the "don't give a poop" shown by some so called anglers.

Makes me sick.

I have returned good sized fish just because I have plenty in the freezer and don't need anymore. No point killing it if you are not going to use it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've put back many good sized mackerel, pollack etc as I'd a few for the pot or freezer already. Many mackerel caught from boats go to waste this time of year as anglers just drop them off the hooks onto the deck then cast out again. Before they know it there can be dozens of fish lying dead with no need for it. Sickening indeed.
It may have been "sport" but fish are dead for no reason otherwise. Fish stocks are low enough as it is!!!!!
KEEP ONLY WHAT YOU CAN USE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
redhead said:
Having been fishing for several years I was shocked and angry to view in the same week lots of undersize Flounders being killed by adult fishermen in the Tay Estuary. I fish for a local club and understand the minimum size for keeping this species but I do not think that these people understand this, these type of people need to be educated on this or the future of the sport will be gone for my children and the children of others out there. Next time anyone is fishing keep your eyes open for these type of people and let them know what the legal sizes are.

SOS save our species

Cheers
Redhead :mad:

i know m8 its sickening aint it time something was done about this . there must be a number you can call or something along those lines if you see people keeping under sized fish . :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts