World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate told me he seen the boat unity in barry dock tonight going like a speed boat?

Anyone know if its back fishing again? must have a new engine as I know the last one blew ages ago?

·
Registered
104 Posts
A mate told me he seen the boat unity in barry dock tonight going like a speed boat?

Anyone know if its back fishing again? must have a new engine as I know the last one blew ages ago?
unity hopefully back next week

think Pete is doing a couple of trial runs first

3rd engine a New one specially made

may be taking bookings not sure I'll check in morning

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unity hopefully back next week

think Pete is doing a couple of trial runs first

3rd engine a New one specially made

may be taking bookings not sure I'll check in morning
Cheers,
3rd engine specially made? whats all that about and what engine is it if "specially made"?

·
Registered
10,458 Posts

Hi poppajoe i would off liked to have seen that mate the UNITY GOING LIKE A SPEED BOAT:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
coming down for some proper fishing eh seano

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi poppajoe i would off liked to have seen that mate the UNITY GOING LIKE A SPEED BOAT:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: TIGHT LINES
I will try and find his mobile nr somewhere later if its the same one and try and find out, he posts on here I think?

·
Registered
965 Posts
first 2 engines leaked oil

He ordered a new one and had to wait for it to be made
Hi Ang, I think it was a bit more serious than just oil leaks, he had a major argument with Volvo, something to do with wrong engine being supplied I think, finally the top man at Volvo Uk got involved and sorted out a replacement engine for Pete.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Seriously mate. Its supposed to have a big engine in now and is supposed to be quite a fast boat!
Hi kev hes old engine he had he was telling loads of lads that it would do 18 knots but it could only do 10knots at the most so any thing that goes over 10knots will be fast for him tight lines

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Ang, I think it was a bit more serious than just oil leaks, he had a major argument with Volvo, something to do with wrong engine being supplied I think, finally the top man at Volvo Uk got involved and sorted out a replacement engine for Pete.
Hi TonyD
Thanks for A sensible reply:)
I know Pete had other problems just thought I'd write the basics to answer what I thought was A genuine question.
If I'd have known it was A slag off Unitiy thread I'd have kept quiet:blink:
Angela

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi TonyD
Thanks for A sensible reply:)
I know Pete had other problems just thought I'd write the basics to answer what I thought was A genuine question.
If I'd have known it was A slag off Unitiy thread I'd have kept quiet:blink:
Angela
Hi Angela,

Well I actually spoke to him last night and it is now doing around 30knots! excellent for him.

As for his old engine I once clocked him at 17knots so it was not that bad.

Rockling - you obviously have a bad thing for unity? and have very much to say about Anchorman, which is good and fine but please theres no need to be so nasty or rude about it, we all have our opinions and thats what they are, but we should all be curteas I think? what are you going to say if it is doing 30knots? I personally don't care but you may feel a little embarresed?

Anyway, its good to see yet another charter boat back and not another going out of the trade.

Good luck to them all I say.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
good to see Unity back up and running.
i rate pete as a skipper good luck to him...here's to more choice in charters from Barry.

john

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hi Angela,

Well I actually spoke to him last night and it is now doing around 30knots! excellent for him.

As for his old engine I once clocked him at 17knots so it was not that bad.

Rockling - you obviously have a bad thing for unity? and have very much to say about Anchorman, which is good and fine but please theres no need to be so nasty or rude about it, we all have our opinions and thats what they are, but we should all be curteas I think? what are you going to say if it is doing 30knots? I personally don't care but you may feel a little embarresed?

Anyway, its good to see yet another charter boat back and not another going out of the trade.

Good luck to them all I say.
Very well said matey:clap3:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.