World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok chaps. Seeing as how Mr Schuey is fine tuning his Garfishing skills, would he for the sake of fairness give us an appraisal of Worthing pier for this coming Fridays fiercley competitive evening? Will there be enough water from the off to target them? The reason I ask, is of course not to try and creep any local knowledge from these very knowledgable chaps, but purely because I have bought from "Wickes" one of those 65 litre twin rope handled bucket. AS it cost me £5, and my normal "Wickes" buckets only cost me .99p, I wouldnt want to risk bringing it out unless I am going to fill it (actually bought it to try and keep mackerel alive into dark!). So, come on Schuey, am I going to fill my bucket.......??

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I'd say theres prob a 50/50 chance of catching a garfish in the first hour of the match during daylight. Normally at this time of year the gars tend to turn up mainly on the bigger tides - a 5.5m or better usually, but have seen on occasions garfish caught on the smaller tides during the evening. Later in the year they turn up on all tides as long as the waters clear. So i'd say I think a few may come up but not loads - this is if the weather continues like it is now. :secret:

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say theres prob a 50/50 chance of catching a garfish in the first hour of the match during daylight. Normally at this time of year the gars tend to turn up mainly on the bigger tides - a 5.5m or better usually, but have seen on occasions garfish caught on the smaller tides during the evening. Later in the year they turn up on all tides as long as the waters clear. So i'd say I think a few may come up but not loads - this is if the weather continues like it is now. :secret:
#

Hmmmm. Have a little dilemma now, as I am up in Blackpool Tuesday to Thursday, with lots of running around Friday day. Wont be able to get on the harbour rag, unless some local bait digger wants to do me some.....? Can get the crab no worries, and hopefully the lug, but not the harbours. Any ideas Mr schu.....?
Will bring my regular 99p Wickes bucket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts