World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a 5 mm bead that has internal hole diameter of 2mm or so?

Im making First attempt at making bagnall bar.

Using stainless steel 316 1.6mm welding rod with 5mm beads ( not sure which makes/brands of bead as have been in rig making box for years))

Some of beads are a very tight fit others won’t fit at all.

At least one bead has to move freely on the bar against the spring to tension snood hook length

Have tried drilling beads out to 2mm, but issues with 2mm drills being very fragile, my clumsy fat fingers struggling to get beads in pliers and, beads being either made out of the plastic equivalents of putty or granite are making this aright pain in the ....

One bead I’ve got that fits freely straight on the 1.6mm rod is 10mm fluorescent pop up, but is well oversize.

I need some more 5mm beads anyway, Does anyone know of a make/brand of 5mm beads that comes with 2mm or so inside diameter that will freely fit on to 1.6mm rod straight out of the packet?.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
What i did was to take a piece of the rod, bend it to form a tee handle and then roughly sharpened the end. Then used that to reem out the hole in the bead. Worked for me the hard bit was finding springs to fit the wire diameter

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Ive opened beads up with a small hand drill for other projects , the bagnell bar rigs I make are made out of 100lb mono and work just as well if not better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts