World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL,
I HAD A WALK UP TO UPNOR YESTERDAY AND IT SEEMED A NICE PLACE TO FISH. I THINK I HEARD SOMEONE SAY IT WAS GOOD TO FISH BUT MIGHT HAVE BEEN IMAGINING IT. ANYWAY, COULD ANYONE TELL ME IF IT IS GOOD TO FISH, ALSO EXACT PLACE,BAIT,TACKLE ETC.

CHEERS

WILL93:g: :g: :g: :g: :g:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi Will, we had a comp up there just before xmas, parked by the yacht club and walked to the left, my peg was about 150 yards inside from the slipway at the end of the moorings. I managed a 2nd in a field of 20 odd, had whiting, pout and a flounder, 19 sizeable in 4 hours, we fished low water up I was casting to just inside the moorings, but I was told by the guy who won it I should have cast through them as they are not connected, didnt know, may have made the difference. We also had loads of codling about 32-34cm. The bloke who won has had some good ones there up to 9lb and some decent bass too, he said if you pleasure fish there to try at the end of the moorings by the slipway and fish one short and one as far as you can hit it, said it can fish its nuts off. Will definately give it a go again. Beware though the carpark next to the clubhouse has its gates locked when it closes and apparently they do lock cars in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts