World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi All

I am relativily new to the world of sea fishing and alot of you may think what a stupid newbie question.... but when i can&#39;t find information i have found it is best to ask...

i have seen mentioned both uptide and downtide fishing - and seen diagrams of rigs for such fishing... However i have not found a good discription of what Uptide Fishing is (or downtide).... and thus why you have rods and rigs that are designed for the purpose...

If someone can spare the time i would love to hear from you about this

Cheers</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi there,

I&#39;m not much of an expert but from what I gather, uptiding is when you&#39;re casting your tackle up the tide or away from the boat and downtiding is simply letting the tackle down the side of the boat&#33; &nbsp;Which I assume why there are different type&#39;s of rod&#39;s.. I assume uptiding rod&#39;s are longer because you have to cast up the tide whereas you don&#39;t need to when downtiding hence the smaller rod design.

Hope I&#39;m right&#33;
</font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>ok..... so up/downtiding is not done from the shore.... that then makes a lot more sense....

i was trying to work out how it was possible to uptide from the shore... (thinking about from a mouth of an estuary or something)

and from the beach all you would end up catching is a man walking his dog in the dunes &nbsp;

thanks sulphy</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
<font color='#000000'>lol. yeah, both refer to boat fishing only&#33; &nbsp;Don&#39;t worry.. I too was confused what they were when I started out.. there&#39;s a lot of buzz words you need to get familar with&#33; &nbsp;But it&#39;s all part of the fun though. &nbsp;As for rigs, you need not worry about those if you don&#39;t intend to boat fish&#33;</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts