World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am returning to boat fishing after a break when I sold my Diawa Power Mesh 4-10oz uptide Road and original Abu 7000C ( I wipe the tears away).
I can't stretch to Zziplex sea raider.
I was considering an Abu Suveran, Diawa Tournament or Icon Mx uptide.
I like a soft tip with steel mid blank, not scaffold pole or sloppy blank that folds on a fish in a strong tide.
Recommendations please from experience not biased magazine reports.
Thanks

·
Registered
788 Posts
You wont go wrong with an ABU Suveran uptide rod. Cracking rods with a retractable butt which is handy. I have the 8oz version.

·
Registered
20,245 Posts
I am returning to boat fishing after a break when I sold my Diawa Power Mesh 4-10oz uptide Road and original Abu 7000C ( I wipe the tears away).
I like a soft tip with steel mid blank, not scaffold pole or sloppy blank that folds on a fish in a strong tide.
Thanks
;) You could also look for a S/H Daiwa TDU. ;)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Daiwa tdz uptide 2nd hand or a old suveran. Wouldn’t buy a new Abu tbh. I’ve heard good things about the afaw too but suppose to be very powerful and not that soft in the top.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Thanks

Shimano Twinpower 4-10 have up for grabs

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I’m lucky enough to have a stock pile of Daiwa tdu’s but the last older penn rampage rods were quite a nice uprise rod well worth a look. The new Abu’s are Scaffold poles and new Daiwa uptide rods are to soft for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts