World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
I have often used an uptider for pier or rock fishing - it was possibly a bit over gunned but worked fine esp when the ground is rough. It also helps when you have to lift the fish up - recently I had to do with a wrasse of about 4 Lb.
I found it perfect for conger fishing off the pier when a long rod helps you put the correct direction off stress on a fish,
I use an ABU Sueveran uptider which is quite dear and a Diawa uptider which was cheaper and works fine

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I've used my Conoflex uptider off piers after boat trips have been blown off with no problems.

·
Registered
372 Posts
We have a local mark that produces conger to over 30lb which I fish with a boat rod.Casting isn,t important as they are around 30 yds out and the shorter rod is much easyer to use than a 13ft beachcaster.I fish 50lb braid with 50lb shockleader about 20ft long , just drag your thumb lightly on the reel when casting.
Biggest problem is getting them up from the water 20ft below !

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
They make a good little rod for marks where there is little room to cast behind you such as the Mull of Galloway. Perhaps another consideration if casting space is an issue at any of the marks you fish?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts