World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, having signed up for one of marcus' boat trips:boat:, i find myself in need of an uptider capable of throwing out, and getting back 8 ozs of lead plus tope (obviously / hopefully ) don't want to spend £100's i may only use once, but neither do i want to spend £4.99 on some cheap tat.
any recommendations?

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does no-one own an uptide rod they like?:) if this is in the wrong department, could a kindly mod pop this into the boat forum, to save me wasting bandwidth on another thread, cheers:)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
does no-one own an uptide rod they like?:) if this is in the wrong department, could a kindly mod pop this into the boat forum, to save me wasting bandwidth on another thread, cheers:)
I can only tell ya what i got mate, i dare say a lot would say cheap tat :)
I bought a 3 combo deal from veals, Ron Thompson Zsensorflex uptiders, came with errm, Dam Pirate level wind multi's, have done the job for me so far, but i haven't caught anything too large, the reels do tend to birdnest, but so do any multi's i ever use (i hate multi's up to now) for the 3 rods with reels cost me under 100 quid.
Probably not a lot of help, but it's a reply for ya :)

AL ..

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the zensorflex boat rod 12-20lbs, also does the job for me. thanks for the reply, i was beginning to wonder if anyone owned a bloody uptide rod.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
i have the zensorflex boat rod 12-20lbs, also does the job for me. thanks for the reply, i was beginning to wonder if anyone owned a bloody uptide rod.
The rods seem pretty good really, especially for the money, the reason i went for the 3 x combo deals was the price, a single combo is 60 quid, or 3 for 90 quid, seemed like a deal to me and i had enough of spending 300 quid a piece for rods when i was carping.
I don't know sod all about multiplier reels, but i'm assuming the Dam Pirates are on the rubbish side, but even so, they fling my leads into the water and winch them back in :)
I just bought a couple of Penn Firetip 20/30lb rods with Penn 230GTO reels, i'll see next time i go out if i can cast with them and get fewer birds nests, doubtful though lol
AL ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have a look at the Fox range of uptiders,the 4-10oz certainly sounds what you are looking for in relation to Tope and would not cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
veals are doing various uptide Penn/Shimano combos with a 7500c3 from £85 to £170 for rod and reel......

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
At least we stirred up a few replies Gareth :clap3:

AL ..

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
i recommend the greys uptiders, one in 4/6 oz, the other in 6/10 oz.
i would normally recommend abu 7000 reels, but cant due to abu dumbing down on the quality.
go shimano or penn. 535

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'v got a daiwa vertice seems to do the job fine i have used it from the beach and pier as well think it cost about £45

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Have a look at the Abu Suveran Uptide Combo, although it costs around £85 it has a removable section which makes it a 7' 12lb class downtider aswell as a 9'6''4-8oz uptider. If you want one boat rod to do it all then this is the beast for you! I my opinion much better than buying 2 separate rods of around £40 each.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i recommend the greys uptiders, one in 4/6 oz, the other in 6/10 oz.
i would normally recommend abu 7000 reels, but cant due to abu dumbing down on the quality.
go shimano or penn. 535
:yucky:wouldn't be seen at my own funeral with anything but my trusty sloshes.

cheers for the advice lads, i'm off to search google and e-bay and see what they got.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts