World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
15,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loch Etive yesterday (14 April).

4 spurdogs between us. Two for me, two for Billy. Other mate, who usually does well up there, blanked for a change. No monsters, where between 1½ and about 5lb. No signs of any thornbacks or anything. Might have done better but spent a few hours trying new marks with no success. Still a good day out, cracking weather, was a bit blowy for the first couple of hours.

The last one I caught managed to swing itself round when I was disgorging it. Spike got me in the finger. Will have a small scar as a reminder.

Us 4 - Spurdog 1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
iv had one spike me in the thumb years ago , it went all colours and took ages to heal .

nice fish though , well done .
we were around etive on thursday night and had some quite large fish ,
which part were you fishing and what other marks did you's try.
a reply by pm is fine if you dont want to disclose marks .

al

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice fish Stevie nasty finger though. Aye there have been some nice fish around those parts this month mate. includiong 3 PB's by me, al and thornback.
Neal
The SKink

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
looks nasty mate but chicks dig scars ,pain is temporary glory is forever :clap3: :clap3:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Glad it wasn't one of those ones you's got on Thursday that got me. Ouch...

Right on my middle finger too...:)

same as al one got me between thumb and finger went sceptic and everything come fishing with me and al i am sure one of us can get in casualty:blink:

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
ive done that when i first caught a spur held it normal and ouch couldnt understand what it was so i did it again then i did find out they had thorns righ buy their top fin

luckly i was wearing neropean gloves

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
thats why a sex god like me gets all the birds paul by the way i looked at my schedule and im up for the next one at the end of may
i knew there was a reason for it ryan ,will have to check when this meet can be arranged and will put a post up in the meets section let the boys in the wegie chapter know no burberry and trackie bottoms must be outside of the socks ,no jacket required:)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Spike got me in the finger. Will have a small scar as a reminder.

They always seem to get you either in between the fingers or in the inside of the hand and it bleeds for ages !!!! Also, How many of you have got leaking Floatie suits due to spike holes! Is it just me :unsure: ????

Still love fishing for them though :) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts