World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the vast majority of us are stuck indoors why not use this to your advantage Ive cleaned all my reels properly stripef down new oil and given a proper service The same with my rods all cleaned properly checking eyes oil reel seatd anc the same with all terminal tackle sorted out all hooks swivels beads in new boxes and packets everything cleaned and checked
Ok it takes time 13 multis 6 fixed spool and it even shocked me 18 rods some I'd even forgot some of them so nice surprise Ive matched all reels to rods snd found about 10 cloth rod bags Id forgot I had Its amazing if your like me a d cling on to all bits and pieces so even though we can't get out and fish you can really help yourself by having z good clean and sort out it's worth it knowing next time you can get out your gear is tip top all the best to everyone stay safe

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been doing much the same mate appart from the reels as I am lucky a friend sorts my reels out for me I have found a heap of tackle rods and reels that I will be giving to the young members of my fishing club as soon as we get back to some sort of normality take care

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one mate! Thats a good idea giving unwanted rods to the young lads and I hope lasses at your club Getting young people involved in sea Angling or course fishing is so much bettet than them sitting staring at a screen or phone playing these bames it not only gets them out they can start to learn about the nature all around us great idea mate 10/10!!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
There will be plenty more time to sort the fishing gear out, I haven't touched mine and wont until I get a date when we can start fishing again, The way things are going we might just get back on the beaches for the start of the Cod season but don't hold me to that.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Doing the same, but not finished yet on the reels. Have a set of freshwater gear as well to get thru. So here is a definition of bored...have you ever noticed that over time you lose a bit of braid on every boat session and the line level on your boat multipliers is now, after a year or two, 3-4mm below optimum on every boat reel you use regular? No? Nor me until yesterday and it is a most serious condition that requires you to sit at the garden table, wind off all the braid on to a spare reel, add 3-4mm of extra backing, then wind the braid back on to the correct reel, thereby discovering that all is fine after all ! Repeat 7 times whilst muttering “the Tope will still be there” ....

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
What a great idea,i wish i`d thought of that !!.....Sorry but sarcasm is a very good friend of mine

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good braid is one. of the best inventions for Angling for years not quite up there with carbon but some folks who where struggling to hit 80 yds with the old rods now woth braid and also the long 15-16ft rods conned spools on the reels they are hitting distances that can put some good anglers who use multis to shame braid is a great invention I use multis for the vast majority of my fishing I just like to reel in with the reel on the top snd like 13.6ft rods 6oz leadd but I have seriously been looking at a 15ft rod with a mangle and brsid for casting into a strong head wind there are definitely an advantage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts