World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as in my post yesterday was looking at buying a profile evo,in the end went for one from uk hooks,the rod comes with coasters,i asked about a moveable reel seat ,could have at one at more cost,they would have to change the butt shrink tube to a thicker one so the reel seat would grip the blank,im gona give it a go with the coasters and see how i get on.is it best to put tape where the reel will sit ?guess will need to make sure i dont put coasters to tight incase it marks blank.anyone who uses coasters could give advice as ive only ever used a reel seat
peter

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
as in my post yesterday was looking at buying a profile evo,in the end went for one from uk hooks,the rod comes with coasters,i asked about a moveable reel seat ,could have at one at more cost,they would have to change the butt shrink tube to a thicker one so the reel seat would grip the blank,im gona give it a go with the coasters and see how i get on.is it best to put tape where the reel will sit ?guess will need to make sure i dont put coasters to tight incase it marks blank.anyone who uses coasters could give advice as ive only ever used a reel seat
peter
i use a bit of bike inner tube cut lenght ways so it rapes around the part were you putting your reel , no more marks or scuffs , just tighten till no movement but not over tight , moveable reel seats can be a bit high if you got small hands , glad you got your zzippy

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I use electrical insulation tape in black and just wind it around in a spiral. Do this a few times and you can build up a scratch and dig proof layer. I also keep off cuts of zziplex shrink tube from previous re-grips as it is supplied in 2 metre lengths. If i need to put a reelseat on i will first cut a length of shrink that goes under the reelseat and this stops it marking up. Sometimes i need to put an extra layer of shrink on plus some electrical tape and then slide the reelseat on and tighten it up.

:fish::fishing:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Peter,have a look in ID,i got a conoflex reel seat from there once think it might`ve been a 19 or 20mm one.was no good for the rod i was trying to put it on,mught be perfect for a profile.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter,have a look in ID,i got a conoflex reel seat from there once think it might`ve been a 19 or 20mm one.was no good for the rod i was trying to put it on,mught be perfect for a profile.
cheers mate,ill give steve a ring

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
uk hooks just rang and rod will wont be here till thursday at best as the ferries are all cancelled because of the bad weather:doh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts