World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jay,

Cannot today, got commitments around the house and with my lads. However low tide at 1.30pm tomorrow at Salcombe, thought I would give E. Portlemouth a go, still aiming for plaice, but if they don't show then some small bass on redgill might be possible.
I note a few have been down there recently with no result, I'm hoping that may have been down to all the fresh water running into the estuary from last weeks, and before, rain.
Where are you thinking of going plugging, let us know how you get on.
Cheers

Andy
aka Valeman

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valeman said:
Jay,

Cannot today, got commitments around the house and with my lads. However low tide at 1.30pm tomorrow at Salcombe, thought I would give E. Portlemouth a go, still aiming for plaice, but if they don't show then some small bass on redgill might be possible.
I note a few have been down there recently with no result, I'm hoping that may have been down to all the fresh water running into the estuary from last weeks, and before, rain.
Where are you thinking of going plugging, let us know how you get on.
Cheers

Andy
aka Valeman

Went plugging to seasons point just off Wembury,not much luck only one pollack.

·
Registered
23 Posts
taffy jay said:
Went plugging to seasons point just off Wembury,not much luck only one pollack.
Jay,

Cheers for the update. Just so you know there are buckets of mackeral to be had at the moment. I went down to Babbacombe breakwater for an hour on Weds and took 12, all reasonably sized. The only difficult part was reeling them in past a huge seal that has cottoned on to hanging around the breakwater waiting for 1) mackeral to fall off the trace, 2) letting fisherman throw it the odd spare.
My lad who is only just gone four caught two. They are all in my freezer now ready to be eaten or used as bait.
I may try and get out next weekend, fancy a afternoon/evening session, depends on the tides, let me know if you are about.
Take care
Andy J
aka Valeman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts