World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
afternoon lads, im picking up my usual fishing buddy from tunbridge wells at first light on friday morning, our plan is to hit the beach at pevensey an hour or so before low (07:23) dig some worms and have a rod out each for a lowtide bass then move on to catch the lunchtime high tide somwhere else, normally we fish anywhere from shoreham-pevensey but for a change... wer headin east :eek: ..so wer looking for a little help with chosing some marks for the lunchtime high tide and evening low :)
ive found the sticky above very helpfull (dungeness-southend) but as we have blustery wind and extreame high/low tides friday many marks might not be worth fishing... thats where your local advise can save many miles in the car, atm wer thinking of driving round somwhere between hythe and folkstone for the lunchtime high and still looking for somwhere to fish the evening low tide

any advice greatly appreciated

ta lads

·
Registered
832 Posts
You may wish to think twice about Hythe...

Gill nets run the best part of Hythe to Sandgate all with in casting range, this was reported on 5/9/2010 plus a few days before that.

I would suspect some one will up date you upon this matter soon.

If gill nets previal...
You might want to venture further around the corner past Dover towards Kingsdown (snaggy rough ground in places) Walmer Castle or the remains of Sandown Castle far end of deal boarding Sandwich bay.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh damn nets :(

the treck from pevensey to sandwich/deal area would be a fair drive, is there much worms to be dug in the deal area?? if so we could maybe go straight there from tunbridge and miss out pevensey all together

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
its a bit of a struggle everywhere in daylight at the moment :shutup:with only being a little better at night :hammer:

i dont think you will gain much by coming up to far from pevensy the nearest i would suggest is the shallows at dungie [not near the point as the tide will be ripping through] you can dig /pump worm there

if you was fishing at night or saturday/sunday the choice would be a little easier :laugh:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well ya got the boat area near dungie boardering the point that will be abit better to fish, bearing in mind a good S/W is favourable wind for dungie area.

Also ya have the digging areas near dungie which is practical.

Only place to go dig is sandwich bay, but thats access throught the dreaded cranky rich buggers estate their all abit funny down their, like car clamps etc

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought about dungie as ive fished "the boats" the end of last year (think the membership i got is still valid) but we found it realy hard to hold bottom and with the tide wer due friday i wont even dare it, so maybe a bit further back towards greatstone on sea then?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Greatstone ah, near the l red brick water tower if i remember correctly was a favoured spot by some anglers high water mark, if theirs abit of surf chance of bass.

I'll be tempted to do abit of ground baiting their tempt those fish in.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just been having a look on G/maps at greatstone on sea, with the wind we'r due friday it should give us some surf, is there any worm to be dug there at low tide?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
weve been fishing off structures all summer... brighton marina, shoreham harbour, this time we'd like to get our wellies on :)

again if anyone knows wether worm are diggable at greatstone on sea id appreciate it

·
Registered
832 Posts
just been having a look on G/maps at greatstone on sea, with the wind we'r due friday it should give us some surf, is there any worm to be dug there at low tide?
I don't dig myself but ya be in the right area, may wanna travel 1 to 2 km further up the road towards dungie for worm...

Beware tis soft mud in the area, known to suck ya wellys off :huh: don't go alone... further up towards dungie is firmer ground.

Ya get some nice fat yellows on these tides:happy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts