World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys and gals i need help please

next month (date to be arranged) i have the chance to fish the beach at camber sands (family and friends day out so you dont look a gift horse do you )

never fished this venue before and i need as much info as you can give me like bait, rigs, tide flow, bottom features, possible species, casting distances ect you all know the sort of info i need so i await with antisipation on your help.

this will be a daytime session and time of arrival will be as and when we get there so until ive got a date i wont know what tide i will be fishing kinda makes it fun dont ya think lol but it will probably be in the last 2 weeks of august but this isnt definate.

there is a chance that when i know the date i may be able to do the night tide before as well but again this isnt definate.

well you know as much as i do now so any help will be welcome

cheers all len :victory:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well there you go 39 views 2 days and not one reply have none of you fished this venue someone must know something

tight lines len

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Apologies too, I've not been to camber sands since I was about 11 years old.

I remember that the beach is sandy and very shallow. Tide goes out a long way and there were plenty of prawns available to collect in the dips left around groyne ends - if you have a kids net you could collect them and then perhaps somewhere there might be a good place to float fish them??

Apologies for the complete lack of info - be no good me providing advice as I've never fished there before. Have you tried a forum search?

Regards
Richard

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apologies too, I've not been to camber sands since I was about 11 years old.

I remember that the beach is sandy and very shallow. Tide goes out a long way and there were plenty of prawns available to collect in the dips left around groyne ends - if you have a kids net you could collect them and then perhaps somewhere there might be a good place to float fish them??

Apologies for the complete lack of info - be no good me providing advice as I've never fished there before. Have you tried a forum search?

Regards
Richard
thanks guys at least you bothered to reply no i havnt tried a search yet i was hoping that someone might have had some info on methods ect but cheers anyway i will keep on searching

tight lines len

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
On a rising tide fish the far left of Camber sands a mark that is known as Jurys gap. this will be where the sand stops and the deeper water starts. Expect Bass,pouts, soles falling to lug baits. Hope this hepls Frank:fish::fish:

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
thanks guys at least you bothered to reply no i havnt tried a search yet i was hoping that someone might have had some info on methods ect but cheers anyway i will keep on searching

tight lines len
Where have you been Ragworm.? just seen your post. You are conspicous by your abscence. Forget Camber and fish JURYS GAP. Camber is full of kitesurfers and it will do your head in Jurys is a good bet for a Bass or three. Low tide is good (take your chesties) and if its surfy you should get a few. Big eels and Golden grey mullet also show here. If you dont catch at low Dont give up cos it can also be good an hour either side of high tide. Its at the Eastern end of Camber Follow the coast road until you see a sharp lefthand bend and park there. Basic rigs and big juicy lug works here. You may have to wade through the schoolies to get a keeper but at least its great fun. Glad to see you back mate.:)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where have you been Ragworm.? just seen your post. You are conspicous by your abscence. Forget Camber and fish JURYS GAP. Camber is full of kitesurfers and it will do your head in Jurys is a good bet for a Bass or three. Low tide is good (take your chesties) and if its surfy you should get a few. Big eels and Golden grey mullet also show here. If you dont catch at low Dont give up cos it can also be good an hour either side of high tide. Its at the Eastern end of Camber Follow the coast road until you see a sharp lefthand bend and park there. Basic rigs and big juicy lug works here. You may have to wade through the schoolies to get a keeper but at least its great fun. Glad to see you back mate.:)
hi nick and thank you and the others for the info as for where im going to be fishing m8 i think thats going to be where the family plonks down and going about 20/30 yds to there left lol. all i know is its going to be hear a bigish carpark made of gravel/shingle and its more lydd end than camber if that makes sence to you m8 just the other side of the firing range i think.

as for going anywhere ive been about m8 just not been posting because of all that went on and when i posted last time all the crap i got was the straw that broke the camel like so i just read and observe a lot now.
i mainly post on another forum dont get any crap like i did on here much nicer and more helpfull too lots of meets and reports and you dont feel like big brother is watching you all the time if you get my drift :happy::happy: nice to see your still about though chat soon.

tight lines len

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Don't stop posting Len you were one of the first people on here to give me advice Mate , Don't know allot about Camber apart from the soul weekenders that went on there years ago .
Hope you have a good holiday and catch some fish mate :thumbs::yeah::fishing:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't stop posting Len you were one of the first people on here to give me advice Mate , Don't know allot about Camber apart from the soul weekenders that went on there years ago .
Hope you have a good holiday and catch some fish mate :thumbs::yeah::fishing:
hi beno m8 long time no see fella lol its not a holiday its a day out lol i live beside dungeness and camber is about 20 mins drive from me its just that ive never fished it before but nice to see your still about fella hows the fishing going still baggin up i hope will chat soon m8

and thanks to all others that have replyed
tight lines len

1 - 11 of 11 Posts