World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fancying a long (16-18ft) rod should consult their tackle dealer before taking out a mortgage.Shimano do them down to £29 but dealers won't order them as they have to get in a minimum of 20 and of course they can sell Shakespears at Megabucks.
Veals of Bristol did a special order for me for a Shimano Catana Surf BX-G 125-225G at about £100. Look out for them abroad as well.I got it as much for the same distance easier as for more distance tho' I'm not sure I'm man enough to get the best out of it. Would like to know of other peoples experiences of them. I did crack a few rings as they overbalance from tripods as they are so long and catch the wind and it fell on Chesil boulders or concrete. Have now fitted bracing bars to tripod.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Prof.
A short while back Gerrys of morecambe were doing an excellent deal on a 15 ft. Penn paired with the 70 F/S.
Having used it a few times now I am impressed,not just with the distance,,but the little effort taken to achieve it.
I have tried the same rod with my 525 and find it performs better with rthe F/s.
I have only used it on fairly clean beaches as I dont think it will take too much stick...but overall, have been very happy with it.
All the best Bud,
Terry F.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts