World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
struggling to get my alternator to kick in. ive fitted the above but i have to really rev the engine for it to work which is not good. i have not fitted the enegize wire as i not sure where it goes can someone advice me please ?

Rectangle Product Font Slope Parallel

This is all the instuctions say

Alternator energize input Some alternators need DC voltage on the B+ output to start charging. Obviously, DC will be present when the alternator is directly connected to a battery. Inserting a Diode or FET splitter will however prevent any return voltage/current from the batteries to the B+, and the alternator will not start. The new Argofet isolators have a special current limited energize input that will power the B+ when the engine run/stop switch is closed.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Yes. I to think this does to be linked to the green lead onto the back of the alternator i to speak of the other day..... but for @BruceK sake..... to double check.
I have no vested interest in this. I've said my pieces. Not just on the green wire and never got a response. What I will say is if the OP is struggling then switch on all the lights and electrics and try again in the dark. If the the alternator then works go back and read my comments

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no vested interest in this. I've said my pieces. Not just on the green wire and never got a response. What I will say is if the OP is struggling then switch on all the lights and electrics and try again in the dark. If the the alternator then works go back and read my comments
that green wire was nothing more then a second earth point i did say

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the alternator regulator internal or external ?

Normally an alt green wire goes to the external regulator to excite the field coils.
old alt had an external mate but that alternator went to heaven lol just a normal alternator with B+, D and W for tacho im going to join the fet isolator exciter in between the warning lamp and ignition feed for it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts