World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Troms Explorer out alone today to check out a few marks before next weeks guys arrive tomorrow, innitially I had a nice bit of action with Cod and Coalies so decided to drop down a coalie deadbait for a decent Cod or Halibut, 2nd drift over went the rod tip and the fun began,
Fishing alone is no way near as much fun as fishing with your mates, I was a bit miffed that I didnt have anyone with me to share the fun! But I knew that my video was in the boat wheel house, so I thought about it and decided to go for it, so I rammed the rod but into a rail, and then rushed in and grabbed my video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ankJLXUchtc

But the bloomin batteries ran out as I dragged it on board... 44lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
11,743 Posts
Watched that twice with no sound on and the video says it all Just watch the rod tell the story. No disrespect Glen (no volume on my pc) Outstanding solo effort there.:notworthy:clap3:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just wonderful, this truly great video sums up the frustration and joy of fishing perfectly - from your fun with trying to net the fish right down to your hooking yourself after setting the camcorder up - fantastic! And a great fish too - congrats!

You're a lucky man to be there, I'm sure we're all envious. I certainly am - I'm in Tromso for a short stay in September myself, but my much better half says I'm to take no fishing gear whatsoever...sigh. Apparently equipment hire is possible though...hehe

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank- you guys, I posted the video despite no fish because I hoped that the video would get across the exitement and fun involved with the fight. Ok it wasn't a huge fish but good enough eh?

On friday we one of the visitors did a great job on bringing another Halibut to the boat, twice the size of mine, I estimated 80lbs, unfortunately that same net took a good hiding last week on the big cod and this Halibut was the final straw, we netted the fish after a 20 min fight, 2 of us lifted it in and it trashed the net causing a whole, fell back into the water and swam off.................

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok it wasn't a huge fish but good enough eh?

On friday we one of the visitors did a great job on bringing another Halibut to the boat, twice the size of mine, I estimated 80lbs, unfortunately that same net took a good hiding last week on the big cod and this Halibut was the final straw, we netted the fish after a 20 min fight, 2 of us lifted it in and it trashed the net causing a whole, fell back into the water and swam off.................
Good enough? I should coco! Especially when we're getting all excited over take home sized bass...

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Hey Glenn

Great video mate.
How are things on TE?
She's a fun boat to drive and so easy in tight spaces.

I miss her and have promised Holger to come and see him sometime soon... I'll be shoving you out of the way for another little chug about (if that's alright!?).

Let him know that I thought of him in my recent delivery of a Rodman 1250 out to Madeira. 1100nm total including 530 straight out into the Atlantic. 6m seas up the chuff... he would have loved it!

Saw your cracking Trout pic on Holgers laptop when he was here the other week.
Tight lines mate and keep the pics and stories coming.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts