World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Can anyone advise me about fishing in vietnam in June. I'll have 12 days on the Central coast and know nothing about the area really. Cant find charters or anything.!?

Ideally I'd like to try shore fishing but understand that boat is probably the answer.. Any help re species or baits etc would be really helpful. I've read other posts re travel rods etc so think I know what I'll be taking in that department. I'll happily use bait or lure.

I've shore fished the Andaman coast of Thailand without much success and was swept away by the Tsunami before my boat trip started so missed out big time.

Any help would be great. I'll be in Hoi An.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hi Steve
And firstly, Welcome to the Forum.

Well, racking my brains I have to say that is literally the first post I recall regarding fishing in Vietnam. But there may well be forum members out there 'hiding their light under a bushel'?

One other source that you may wish to also try is the forum on the TripAdvisor site - http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=8432&geo=293921&scope=2&q=fishing&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g293921-i8432-Vietnam.html&x=12&y=14. There seem to be quite a few there that may offer some help.
Dave

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi Guys.

I'm just finishing a 2 month project in Ho Chi Minh City (today is my last day).

I have had a couple of sessions from the shore about 3 hours north of HCMC on a couple of weekends but caught nothing bigger than the palm of my hand. Even at the few resorts finding a boat is difficult. One hotel assured me they had a boat and all the gear, when I got there they had a pedallo and a handline, hardly big game fishing!

This weekend I tried at a small lake in HCMC and caught a couple of fish they call 'elephants ear fish' they look like large angel fish, about 1 kg each they give a reasonable account of themselves on the gear provided. (1/2" thick bamboo pole about 6 feet long with about 6 feet of line tied to the end with a float, 2/0 hook and a lump of TOMATO for bait!

Enjoy the food and the beach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts