World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a couple of 110 SWs but they look very different to the photos on the megabass(japan) site. So which ones do you like (some better quality photos than megabass wouldn't go amiss either).

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Just had a look in the ultimate catalogue and your right the pics are not good for the 110, the colours are so subdued. Anyway this is my favourite colour, mostly because it's the only one I have.

Vision 110 sw gg akakin

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice photo!

OMG I've just noticed the saltwater 110 has a different (squared off) diving lip to the freshwater versions.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Nice photo!

OMG I've just noticed the saltwater 110 has a different (sqaured off) diving lip to the freshwater versions.
It does indeed mate, and a more subtle movement, I actually prefer the movement of the FW but it is mimimal to be honest, just wind it and stop it and jerk it and repeat until fish is added!! Wicked lures indeed.

My favourite? Gotta be the TNG, if I were a fish I would eat it!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Just had a look in the ultimate catalogue and your right the pics are not good for the 110, the colours are so subdued. Anyway this is my favourite colour, mostly because it's the only one I have.

Vision 110 sw gg akakin
I caught my first and one and only fish on this lure and colour, so its a big thumbs up from me, its all in the eyes :1a:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
That's one more than I've caught on mine. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that extravagantly coloured lures don't work on my local marks.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Whats with the barbs on the outside on the middle treble on joes pick and on all of them in Micks, Are they like that just to make the lure stand out from the others or is there some science behind it, Loriel style:laugh::laugh::laugh:?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Whats with the barbs on the outside on the middle treble on joes pick and on all of them in Micks, Are they like that just to make the lure stand out from the others or is there some science behind it, Loriel style:laugh::laugh::laugh:?
Magicdog put this link up sometime ago about reverse barb hooks:

http://www.gamakatsu.nl/html/default-english.htm

Click on the trebles link.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Magicdog put this link up sometime ago about reverse barb hooks:

http://www.gamakatsu.nl/html/default-english.htm

Click on the trebles link.
:g:Interesting but a bit sceptical about all that, easier to unhook but with less chance of losing fish? But if it gives a little more confidence to the user then it cant be bad.
Just wondered why on yours Joe it was only the middle treble, did you change the others?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
:g:Interesting but a bit sceptical about all that, easier to unhook but with less chance of losing fish? But if it gives a little more confidence to the user then it cant be bad.
Just wondered why on yours Joe it was only the middle treble, did you change the others?
That's how it came, why have you seen others with all of the treble reversed.

I think you might be right a bit of a gimmick.

·
Registered
840 Posts
That's how it came, why have you seen others with all of the treble reversed.

I think you might be right a bit of a gimmick.
No just noticed in Micks pic that the front and rear trebles have the reversed barbs, hard to see the middle ones, looks like no barbs at all. Maybe a way to distinguish between the saltwater/Freshwater versions

I know I'm a sad git, been looking at too many lures. Got some of those Moresilda spoons on the way too that Zeebaars was using with his spoon/SP combo

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
These things any good then? - how do you fish them (how deep do they go n all that)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
These things any good then? - how do you fish them (how deep do they go n all that)
It looks very good in the water, it's got some roll and a good swimming motion even on a steady retrieve, I guess it swims about 2' to 3' below the surface.

I always give it a few jerks and pauses, all that said I haven't caught on it yet but you know what it's like when they are on the feed you tend to stick your favorites like the FS, TM and Pat.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
It looks very good in the water, it's got some roll and a good swimming motion even on a steady retrieve, I guess it swims about 2' to 3' below the surface.

I always give it a few jerks and pauses, all that said I haven't caught on it yet but you know what it's like when they are on the feed you tend to stick your favorites like the FS, TM and Pat.
cheers for that

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
My two favourites. Top one is the most successful one, bottom one I just like as its Mackerely! And yes, I am lazy and dont rinse and dry my lures after using them, as you can see from the trebles!

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
My two favourites. Top one is the most successful one, bottom one I just like as its Mackerely! And yes, I am lazy and dont rinse and dry my lures after using them, as you can see from the trebles!

what patterns are they ?(like the look of both)

ta

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The bottom one is a MEGABASS VISION ONETEN 110 SW GG GREEN MACKEREL, got it from Ichiban Tackle. Not sure about the other, but it says on the bottom 'Hi-Float' and has a rounded bib. Its actually quite vivid chartreusey on the upper flank and top, which seems to be the rage at the moment.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts

Vision 110 sw gg akakin
Hi there Joe, which "ultimate catalogue" do you find the lures in? as i just googled ultimate catalogue and i had loads of hits, if you could post a link i'd be most grateful,, Cheers in advance, Marc..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts