World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was on the pier yisterday afternoon for a couple of hours with my two sons aged 5 n 8
got 2 flatties about 1lb and a dogfish
i was jus about to throw the doggy back when another fisher in his early twenties asked if he could have it for his nanna as she eats them
of course i obliged but was pleased to see that some people up north eat what the southerners cant get enough of a highly underated fish for the table in my opinion.
huss is very nice also but can be a bit salty in places i try not to think what these places might be !

·
Registered
88 Posts
i agree, it is an underated table fish,known as rock salmon in london chippies & cafes, i have ate it & thought it was ok but i would think skinning one & filleting it, could be maybe hard work....unless you know how????? led....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hang it by the mouth on something sturdy
useing a knife cut the skin jus behind the head
then useing a cloth or gloves for protection grab the skin and pull down
it should jus peel of with a bit of effort
i would cook it on the bone after removeing the head
batterd and deep fried or oven baked in tin foil :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
you have made me hungry now........zed...i will bare all that in mind, when i go to chuck my next doggie back...c u later....led

·
Registered
6 Posts
the best way to cook dogfish is skin it and put it on a piece of clean hardboard with salt black pepper and mixed herbs and lemon juice. then put in a hot oven for 20 minutes when it is cooked take it out and throw it in the bin and then eat the hardboard it tastes better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts