1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished w/haven pier today for 2 hours with my buddy
103 mackrel caught between us all kept and frozen
bait and some for buddys dogs
if we take a normal price up here of £1.90 for 2 frozen mackrel at our local tackle shop
we got nearly £200. worth

bit tired lol

might try fleswick bay tomorrow

tight lines

·
Banned
396 Posts
Zedonepilot said:
fished w/haven pier today for 2 hours with my buddy
103 mackrel caught between us all kept and frozen
bait and some for buddys dogs
if we take a normal price up here of £1.90 for 2 frozen mackrel at our local tackle shop
we got nearly £200. worth

bit tired lol

might try fleswick bay tomorrow

tight lines
which is fleswick bay zed?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seen as you are familiar with st bees set off from that side
walk up on top of the head and down the other side this is fleswick bay it is black sand to your left is the south head to your right the north head
it can throw sole flatties wrasse conger has been known to get nudist sun batheing cos not many people can be botherd with the hike lol.....take your camera :D

·
Banned
396 Posts
Zedonepilot said:
seen as you are familiar with st bees set off from that side
walk up on top of the head and down the other side this is fleswick bay it is black sand to your left is the south head to your right the north head
it can throw sole flatties wrasse conger has been known to get nudist sun batheing cos not many people can be botherd with the hike lol.....take your camera :D
i no were you mean zed have fished it in winter with me mate no nudies in december tho. didnt no it was called that i like the spot tho gonna give it a try back up there sick o blankin at bekermet trouble is its a good clubhouse an the ales good lol. st bees is a 5va a night dearer an im a tight get.goin back 2 whithorn next week then 2 sandend 4 a full week one of the lads is bringin his boat up hopin 2 do some topin cant wait ill let ya no how we gerron cheers zed ....................mick

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi zedone and Mickey.

Are there any decent campsites near W/haven as I am off next week and your posts have got me interested.
Doesnt have to be fancy. I had planned to do nowt next week but Mrs Terry has given the green light for a few days away so I might as well put them to good use.
Any info. at all will be appreciated,
Cheers lads,
Terry F. :)

·
Banned
396 Posts
hello terry, the campsite at st bees is right on the beach and its sound as apound,you can fish high water from your tent virtually,or walk on to the head for low water fishin ,plenty to go at on there and probly the best option zed could tell you more about summer fishin off there or daz he fishes it a fair bit, i only fish it winter up to now always fish with rotten bottoms as the leads get stuck in the rocks a lot, plenty of species to go at tho. i like the winter off there meself but its a crackin place 2 b, best fished off the head a couple of hours down 2 low then a couple up then you need 2 b gerrin off, im sure daz or zed will advise you better good luck anyway terry.................mick

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Thanks for that Micky,,,much appreciated.
I`m going up on Tuesday for a few days and the site on the beach sounds ideal.
All the best,,

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Just to add,,,
What`s the bait situation like. Can I dig worm on the beach and is there a bait supplier in the area.
Thanks again,

·
Banned
396 Posts
no problem terry,im sure youll get more detailed advice from zed and daz im sure they will help when they see this..............mick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi terry
mick has pretty much coverd everything
bait can be baught in 2 spots in w/haven jacksons boat yard and cumbria anglers
you will pay £3:80 for 10 black worm !!
you can dig blow from most beaches and sand eel are abundant at low water
mackrel are showing on w/haven pier now
north ( little) i would go for
can get more off of west (big pier) but long way up with full trace lol
baged 80 + on friday myself sparkley traces make the diffrence coverd in sheeeite i was
so, fish bait you can get for nowt
try sea mill of a night worth a shot
braystones is worth a shot too but as micky will tell yeh its a bit hit an miss at the minut

tight lines

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Thanks for the advice Zed.
Going up on Tuesday for a few days,,,If you`re up that way,,give us a shout.
P.M. for my mob no.
Thanks again bud,
Terry F.

·
Banned
396 Posts
have not had much success on st bees beach too much fresh water runnin onto it,i saw a local guy diggin at the south end of the beech he was gerrin some nice lug again that was winter i dont no if the crack changes in the summer further down at bekkermet and drig there is good diggin black lug at drig on the bigger tides. the guy at cumbria angling centre at whitehaven is sound ive got loads of friendly advice off him over the phone even though i was buyin nowt off him he still was glad 2 help[01946 693233].........hope this helps terry..........mick

·
Banned
396 Posts
sorry lads posted previous supply my last thread i wrote overlaped zeds looks i wrote it b 4 zeds reply showed up this end............

1 - 19 of 19 Posts