World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all of those who turned out for this meet at Runswick bay, North Yorkshire. Andy p, Baza, Blackwizard, Codmaster, Fatlad, Hibbdogg, Rob Osbourne, Rusty 51, X-cast and local lads Mike and Steerser who came along for a bit of banter. Great to meet you, each and everyone of them great lads and good company!

Biggest thanks on the day though, must go to Pigeon Ian, who donated the prize money. :clap3:

Some anglers elected to fish the heavy kelp beds in front of the village for the chance of a decent cod but most went onto the beach in the hope of a sizeable fish. Conditions were far from ideal during this daylight meet and this was reflected in the lack of fish catches.

Taking first prize was a 32cm flounder, caught by the camera shy Rusty 51 (Phil) to lugworm. Well done Phil :clap2: No other sizeable fish were caught.

The winning fish.

Anglers with nice baits out, hoping for anything that swims.

Fatlad with his attempt to steal the prize money from under our noses!:unsure: Nice guy and funny to.

On winding in, untouched baits were the order of the day, unfortunately.

A fine bunch at the end.:notworthy

From left to right Baza, Hibbdogg, Rusty 51, Pigeon Ian, Blackwizard, Fatlad and young Ben (Codmaster) in the foreground.

Well this meet turned out to be more of a nice day out at the Yorkshire coast than a great days cod catching.

One or two of us stayed on after the meet for a couple of hours but still no fish turned up at high tide.

Some plus points though, it's always great to talk to anglers and gain some local knowledge about the area you intend fishing and personally I have learned a lot from this meet that will be invaluable for future visits to Runswick bay.

I hope to get more of you along to the next meet, which will be either on the Holderness coast or in the Tyne and Wear area, until then. Tightlines J.V.:)

·
Registered
352 Posts
sounds like you all had a cracking day well done to all, would like to make the next meet, seems like fun

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Nice report Dave , it,s a shame the fish didn,t show in numbers... always a good crack when a few members get together,,, wish i could have made it.... Holderness will be a deffinate for me when it happens so long as it,s not in the first 2 weeks of May.... Well done to all who went ...Chris

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice report Dave , it,s a shame the fish didn,t show in numbers... always a good crack when a few members get together,,, wish i could have made it.... Holderness will be a deffinate for me when it happens so long as it,s not in the first 2 weeks of May.... Well done to all who went ...Chris
We have loads of interest in a meet on the Holderness coast but I will need help with this one. I have only been to Hilston and Tunstall and then only the once, I don't know a thing about this part of the North East coastline.:g: Help needed.:help:

·
Registered
301 Posts
what time did u all leave cause we got their about 2.00pm and couldnt see anyone so we end up fishing south gare, sparky caught a small pouting (foul hook) and that was it but we were both nackard as we forgot the clock went forward so about 3 - 31/2 hours we both had each, but was fun

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tyne Wear area sounds good to me. My problem is i work the missis works 2 kids, so might get 2 tides a month if im lucky.Should go on the dole. Really fancied the Runswick one but had to do a 4 oclock in the morning at Saltburn instead:)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
what time did u all leave cause we got their about 2.00pm and couldnt see anyone so we end up fishing south gare, sparky caught a small pouting (foul hook) and that was it but we were both nackard as we forgot the clock went forward so about 3 - 31/2 hours we both had each, but was fun

We were all there until 4.30pm, if you couldn't see us, you were on the wrong beach LOL

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Yep good day out shame about the lack of fish though looks a realy nice beach, i shall be back in the summer one night to sea whats about. Well done Phil on the flatty and Ian for the kind donation of prize money and also every one else who made the effort to get along to the meet was great meeting you all:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
301 Posts
hey i know what day it was lol and what the time was , but their was two of us lol but couldnt see u but we didnt go on to the beach we were stood on the car park but will try for the next one anyway if its at holderness

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
great day, good to meet some of you guys, nobodys mentioned ben's illegal entry in to the weigh in lol, out of interest how many leads did we loose between us all, i know it will be alot, i lost 5 :g:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts