World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why Oh Why can it be so difficult to find a pair which someone says dont buy as they are crap and leak like a sieve after a couple of uses.
馃槩 馃槩 馃槩 馃槩

Registered
I have the night cat ones that I bought off Amazon. Had them about a year and never had a problem with them. They are currently 45 quid.

Registered
Why Oh Why can it be so difficult to find a pair which someone says dont buy as they are crap and leak like a sieve after a couple of uses.
馃槩 馃槩 馃槩 馃槩
I now use viking waders in the thigh waders and the chest waders, been good up to now with 2 years use. I did use Ocean waders and had 6 years use out of them and there still ok but the newer ones have not got the same quality as the older ones . Unfortunately a lot of firms not just in fishing cut down on quality of there products to make more money.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I even thought now who would use waders and demand that the buggers work.
I know British Army now they must use waders and i bet they dont keak so off to the army surplus website.
Nope they use Vass ones which again every 3rd or 4th review says nope they leak.
How hard can it be to make a chunk of plasticy nylony stuff not friggin leak.

Registered
I bought the Daiwa half neoprene black and green chest waders18 months ago for work parties on my clubs bit of river. Used them about 6 times and the left boot leaks meaning a wet foot after 10 minutes in the river. After 30 minutes my right sock is wet too. They are ok for keeping you warm in the winter but useless as waders.

Registered
Because people like to talk **** about everything, it's really mental how many people will just straight up lie about their bad experiences with x product, when they've never seen it let alown bought or used it.
I had 2 or 3 people tell me how bad the engine on my Boat was (2002 merc 30 2 stroke) it uses too much fuel and their unreliable etc. Despite neither person having one of thoes engines.

The BBC once got 6 complaints about a program that was broadcast only on sky, despite the fact nobody had watched it.

You can't trust anyone

Registered
Vass waders, the PVC part doesn't leak from my experience, but the boots do eventually fail if you walk on rocks etc.

I owned my first pair of Team Vass 700 for around 2 and a half years (being used twice a week on average, sometimes 4) before the boots failed at the sole. I walk in them for miles every session along tracks and over rocks to get to my marks, the boots take a beating on my marks, my normal wellies suffer the same demise so I won't hold it against Vass.

The actual wader material is tough and I never had an issue with the seams etc. I am on my second set now, this time the Vass 740e, thicker PVC, less supple and feel like they fit on the larger side despite being the same size. Both sets have fit big though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Being new to this why do anglers walk to a venue in there waders. Why not cary them and put them on when you get to said venue.
I keep hearing about climbing over fences and barbed wire but i couldnt think of anything worse to do this in than a pair of waders. Just a question so please dont bite my head off.

Registered
Being new to this why do anglers walk to a venue in there waders. Why not cary them and put them on when you get to said venue.
I keep hearing about climbing over fences and barbed wire but i couldnt think of anything worse to do this in than a pair of waders. Just a question so please dont bite my head off.
You want to carry as least weight as possible

Registered
Because people like to talk **** about everything, it's really mental how many people will just straight up lie about their bad experiences with x product, when they've never seen it let alown bought or used it.
I had 2 or 3 people tell me how bad the engine on my Boat was (2002 merc 30 2 stroke) it uses too much fuel and their unreliable etc. Despite neither person having one of thoes engines.

The BBC once got 6 complaints about a program that was broadcast only on sky, despite the fact nobody had watched it.

You can't trust anyone
This forum can be like that

Registered
People are always quick to moan about a product, but never so fast to praise on forums, its the way it is. The only way is to buy and make your own opinion. ;)

Ian.

Reactions: jackjock

Registered
Try this lot. Fair to say they only get light use .. mostly for shrimping in the winter on the local (sandy) beach but my current pair are over 10 years old! They just hang upside down in the garage most of the year but even that kills waders over time.

Thighwaders

Registered
You make a valid point, but it's personal preference, less to carry is it for me, I have to walk at least a mile each way and carrying a bag with a huge set of waders isn't preferable.

If it wasn't obvious, I was being positive about the Vass chest waders, I've not tried anything else to compare other than neoprene thigh waders which I use to keep me warm/clean in winter, 拢20 Daiwa jobbies, seem fine but haven't had much use.

Registered
Generally speaking I see waders as a disposable commodity and figure on about two years out of them.
I鈥檝e got Vass at the moment, PVC ones, which appear to be starting to leak in one leg seam at least.
Probably about two years old, as it happens, but only 拢50 or so, which at 拢25 a year I consider fair value.
I鈥檓 hoping they鈥檒l last the autumn bass and wi yet flounder season, then it鈥檒l be time for a new pair next year I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts