World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,286 Posts
my 2 pairs of vass rubber waders, vass wellies and both pair of breathable waders all have studs in them.
why go without studs and limit your options?
you can still go everywhere studs arnt needed

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
On what ground would people consider studs an advantage over rubber or felt? Which sole is best on which type of ground?

·
Registered
253 Posts
The vass studs don't look very good maby there ace but compared to my rock hoppers they look a bit small im looking for a pair of breathable waders with studs can anyone confirm how good the vass studs are !

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have used the Orvis Posigrip studs for 4 seasons. Little more expensive but have had no issues and have never pulled out. I wore out a pair of Orvis Boots after three seasons and transferred the studs from the old boot as they still looked okay. I don't see a downside to having them for safety reasons. Never know what you might encounter on the walk up and down to a new/old spot or what you might encounter on the first trip of the season. Winter storms really changed some of the beaches here and some of the spots had a lot of rocks exposed. Have them on my wading boots and on my Bogs Boots which I use for inshore fishing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts