World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally ive caught a bass - been waiting years to get one and finaly last night i got the right combinaiton of tackle bait locaiton tide n weather and got 9! admittedly all but 2 were schoolies and went back but i had a couple of nice ones - well chuffed! all taken on lug catching right from low water to high tide!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nice one :)

There are a few kicking about on the south coast, my mate & I had a couple of schoolies over Whitsands but there was a stack of weed about which made things a bit tricky. it didn't rain so that was a bonus!! No decent ones but we will keep trying. I took him there to catch his first bass as he was struggling a bit, he's on No 3 now so that's good.

I'll be out this week again as the tide are good for a session after work. I had a look over Heybrook bay & thought it may be worth a go off the rocks, never fished there. Do you know much about that area? Anyone else fished there know how it fishes for bass?

Cheers

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only fished there once before - about mid afternoon, sunny but a slight breeze running along the coast. had worm, mackerel and eel on float and hard on the bottom only had one bite all day - that turned out to a small wrasse. good luck though mate. personally im now hooked on bass - gonna target them from now on i think! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Went there couple off days ago for same. but weed was a terrible problem.
Every retrieval got caught up but thats why it would be such a good spot,
Musket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts