World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads, :wave:
There have recently been threads on here where forum members fishing in the daytime have reported 'NO FISH'! The advice given has generally been ' 'Fish at night' if you want to catch. REALLY!!!

While i generally agree that to have a reasonable chance of fish from the 'OPEN' beaches, you need to fish at night at this time of year, unless you just want the Mackerel. However, there are loads of other options, ie piers, creeks estuaries etc where you can bag up in the summer daytime, fishing for Mullet, Flounder, Eels, Schoolies and Scad, Garfish, Pollock, Wrasse from the piers to float fishing tactics on balanced tackle.
How many of us are 'blinkered', into thinking that only Big beaches such as Dunge, Deal, Hythe etc are the only worthwhile venues?
Anglers need to broaden thier horizons a bit and fish for what IS out there. Daytime fishing for some of the species mentioned can be brilliant. The alternative is nothing from the open beaches till night fall when there is a chance of a few scrawny Whiting and the odd Sole.
My advice is, 'get tuned in, get out there and catch fish, they are there for the taking.......in the daytime. :thumbs:

G

·
had a few flounder down erith pier earlier. just on wild rag fished on the incomming tide. my advice for people would be to people that dungie isnt that fabulous! people hear about the sole and cod and act like sheep floking down there to fish. try different places where the water is dirty and catch fish!:) like spratdab use a float and get the summer species.

will93

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
There have recently been threads on here where forum members fishing in the daytime have reported 'NO FISH'! The advice given has generally been ' 'Fish at night' if you want to catch. REALLY!!!

While i generally agree that to have a reasonable chance of fish from the 'OPEN' beaches, you need to fish at night at this time of year, unless you just want the Mackerel. However, there are loads of other options, ie piers, creeks estuaries etc where you can bag up in the summer daytime, fishing for Mullet, Flounder, Eels, Schoolies and Scad, Garfish, Pollock, Wrasse from the piers to float fishing tactics on balanced tackle.
How many of us are 'blinkered', into thinking that only Big beaches such as Dunge, Deal, Hythe etc are the only worthwhile venues?
Anglers need to broaden thier horizons a bit and fish for what IS out there. Daytime fishing for some of the species mentioned can be brilliant. The alternative is nothing from the open beaches till night fall when there is a chance of a few scrawny Whiting and the odd Sole.
My advice is, 'get tuned in, get out there and catch fish, they are there for the taking.......in the daytime. :thumbs:

fair comment spratdab i did note your post on my report and yes i agree with you on both of my recent day trips while i had bottom baits out i did have a float out some people gave me funny looks using a float from the beach but if its calm enough i think why not its more fun than chucking strings of fluff about and in both cases i had bites but missed them whether it was mullet nipping at the bait i dunno but if im gonna get bites that way then i will keep trying until i get a result so yes as i said i agree with you all the way m8 :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Well said Sprettdab, there are times when night fishing is not an option for some of us, and I have had some really good days during the daylight hours, you just have to think "out of the box" sometimes. :fishing1:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

I can not help myself, I think my blinkers are super glued, night time selsey, night time selsey, night time selsey houuuuuuund!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
day time means play time gives you a chance to see what your doing pick the target for the day before going sought out a plan of attack in your head and stick by it unless the weather dictates other wise also try difrent bait comboes if possable but the main thing is enjoy what your doing for 40 i fished days only some thing to do with me being scared of the dark changed me medication and im all right now i said im allright now captin im all right now:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Like it spratdab. I love summer daylight fishing, light tackle, small fish, exotic species, great fun

However I also love fishing in autumn, winter and spring!

G

·
Well said Sprettdab, there are times when night fishing is not an option for some of us, and I have had some really good days during the daylight hours, you just have to think "out of the box" sometimes. :fishing1:
When was that then?:spiteful::roll1:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went spinning down sea salter a couple of weeks ago during the day, it was a weird day very humid but not very hot and lots of insects. No lie, there were approximately 6lb pound fish (I think bass) jumping out of the water about 3foot from the beach. I was there for about 4 hours and nothing, there was tonnes of activity. I was casting right over and then into the activity. Beach goes were constantly telling me about their sightings of massive jumping fish and swimmers saw them around their feet. I was so ****ed I didn't get anything, I was using little dexter wedges and bass surface poppers. I even saw a tiny schooly that was half silver half blue exactly like the lure I was using. I wish I had bait that day, was absolutely mad :2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts