World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Rich, Aidy and myself decided on a little beach outing to fish just up from the harbour wall on walberswick side. We started fishing around 19.00 with high water 23.40. We used peeler on a pennel, launce section and rag worm. The beach was deserted and the weather was fine with a gentle southerly breeze blowing. We fished 2 rods each and had 3 small bass around 8 inches, 2 small slips,a whiting, a bull head type thing and on my last chuck I managed a small slip and a sole of 30cm. A pleasant evening with not much action to be honest, it was quite slow with bites few and far between. Crabs were present all session and were stripping the hooks almost bare in 20 mins. We packed up at 01.00.:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Four of us fished at Sizewell last night- pretty much the same time as you fished- eels, basslets and one undersize sole- nice evening with loads of stars out but the fishing was poor at all distances from 10 yds out right through to fishing at range- maybe if we'd stayed for more of the ebb it might have improved but i doubt it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thanks for the report FB, sizeable Soles do seem to be a bit thin on the ground so far this summer, hope it improves quickly.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
nice report F.B
A bit surprised you did't pick up a few more fish though,but i beleive things have slackend off a bit.
Things seem to be better the other side of the river at the moment,with a few more sole showing at present.I always think now is probably the best time of year to fish for sole seriously,as the bigger ones tend to show up between now and the end of september
Hopefuly i will be able to get a session in before then
Spratty:thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts