World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon.

Fished: 8.00 a.m. through to 1.45 p.m. Just me. Two rods and 6 small sized hooks
High Water: Just after noon.
Bait: Fresh lug from Angling Direct Norwich. Good stuff.
Weather: A beautiful February day. Wind slight was SSW then NNW slight.
Catch: Loads of tiny skinny whiting 50+ and 17 dabs.
Vermin: Two small hard backs
Weed: None
Sea / Ground: A little lift with a few small rollers at HT. No snags, clean as a whistle.

Wasn't expecting much to be honest after reading the tales of woe on here but i enjoyed myself.
Much needed session which prompted me to polish the gear tidy up the shite tip of a tackle box and tie
a few traces. I'm primed for a huge run on spring codling !!
Walberswick definately has a different class of beachcomber / dawg walker to them rummuns we get in Norfolk.
I also saw a couple of Ellie Harrison clones one wearing jodhpurs...I kid you not. I might go there again, in the summer.

Here's a few pictures to be getting on with.

This is a whiting but please pay particular attention to them springs!

This has to be the most ugly mud butt ( you lot call 'em Green Dabs ) i think i've ever caught /seen.

These are good. I bought them for soles but never get time to fish for them. When i think "lets go"
the weather blows a hoolie.

There is some nice white water up near the harbour. Must get up there one day.

No people!!

Rods knocked all day. Three shots common, usually dab whiting mixes,

Skinny whiting! Very very skinny actually.

Small but pretty.

I got dab juice on my sallopettes after this photie.

A leaf blowing in the wind.

Good day all, enjoy your fishing.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Nice report nigel, still not motivated to get on the beach this afternoon though, big roach quest continues. Matt

Reactions: glen1808

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome stuff mate but where it's the photo of the jodhpurs haha!
I took a few but had a bad bout of camera shake ! They're all blurred !

Nice report nigel, still not motivated to get on the beach this afternoon though, big roach quest continues. Matt
I don't blame you. There's plenty of water in the river. Are you still just up the road?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Great report thanks

Mo...................

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I don't blame you. There's plenty of water in the river. Are you still just up the road?[/QUOTE]

Yes Nigel, still up the road. Plenty of good dace and odd redfin and chublet. The better fish continue to elude me.....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Nice report Nigel
Great little beach at wobbly,and underated too I think
Had some good fun down there in warmer weather,just over the sand bar. scenery is pretty good too on weekends during the summer(so i have been told!!)
good little session for you though and well worth getting the line wet looks like
Spratty

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes Nigel, still up the road. Plenty of good dace and odd redfin and chublet. The better fish continue to elude me....

Nice, just popped you a PM.

Nice report Nigel
Great little beach at wobbly,and underated too I think
Had some good fun down there in warmer weather,just over the sand bar. scenery is pretty good too on weekends during the summer(so i have been told!!)
good little session for you though and well worth getting the line wet looks like
Spratty
I like it there Spratts, free parking this time of year very close to the beach. Very unusual if there's not a few bits and pieces along there. One day i'll go up near the harbour and fish a crab or two in that rough water. A nice sou'easter should see it fish up there.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It used to be good on the old concrete jetty flicking out a redgill,but of course H&S put a stop to that
I always prefer more down towards Dunny myself,in amonsr the peat,usually turns up a sole or two when things warm up a bit.low water just over the bar is good for the schoolies.Probably only in about 18"water!great when you hook up,because they start to jump as they come over the bar,then when they get into the trough near the beach the fun realy starts and even a small schoolie can give a realy good acount of itself
Roll on summer
Spratty

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You'll know it a lot better than I Spratts being a yokel.
The whole place is inspiring for me. I love it along there.
Do you know I had a weeks holiday in Southwold peak sole time (August) last year . I was stationed twixt the Sole Bay Inn and the Lord Nelson. It blew a hoolie all week and all I caught were
weaver fish, eels and a hangover! :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
hope you did the brewery tour during your stay Nigel,It is pretty interesting
Pity i didn't know you where down for a while,We could have had a roight owd mardle over ower fishun storee's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.