World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got wind of the flood defences near wallasea marin or going to be re established and a pier of some sort is going to be constructed ?
is this a concern for us boat users and will this be open to beach fishermen ?
concern i would have is lines and casting when sailing past :doh:
and as for the flood defence being built back up ? whats that all about didn't work ? seem's a waste of time if this is all true :wallbash:
what's your comment's and does any one know for shure ? or is it just a romour
Frank

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
just got wind of the flood defences near wallasea marin or going to be re established and a pier of some sort is going to be constructed ?
is this a concern for us boat users and will this be open to beach fishermen ?
concern i would have is lines and casting when sailing past :doh:
and as for the flood defence being built back up ? whats that all about didn't work ? seem's a waste of time if this is all true :wallbash:
what's your comment's and does any one know for shure ? or is it just a romour
Frank

They have struck a deal with network rail and the enviroment agency (wallasea farms that is)

The enviroment agency buys the land for £x

Builds a jetty to offload materials!

Then gets paid £x from network rail, for them to ship millions of tons of rubble, from the 2012 sites in london, via the river and dump it @ wallasea...

The enviroment agency are calling it, raising the land, i call it dumping crap on the island!

its a quick buck for the goverment and wallasea farms gets an amazing price for thier land!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so there is some truth in this then ?
well this should make it intresting 2 loading piers ?? like we need em

·
Registered
248 Posts
frank we are just small fish in the sea,who cares about us when theres money on the table for someone to have

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Whats the problem? we just lost a Nuclear power station, but are due another one shortly, plus we all got the wind farm, and the Barrow is just getting going again since they stopped the Bovril boats, it's called progress I call it evolution.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was worth posting the thread just to see the comment's keep em cooming :laugh:

·
Registered
79 Posts
My mate is a member of a shooting club who wanted the land owned by Wallasea Farms. He recons the RSPB bought it, not sure about a pier as it would be a nature reserve. It would be full of twitchers

·
Registered
51 Posts
As I understand it, the material being "placed" at Wallasea wil be tunnel spoil arising from the Crossrail project. As such, it will be clean inert material (London Clay etc), not construction waste.

RSPB will be the land owners who will develop a range of environments through landscaping and water works.

Arrival of spoil by barge would far preferable to road transport!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the link muleteer sounds like a huge project but not a start date ?
well as long as i can get out fishing i'll just have to practice me slalom:doh:
let's hope it doesn't scare off the fish lol:2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts